Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quickest way to fill backpack from van tank?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The weight of the bilge pump and hose keeps mine down

It wouldn't float if just thrown in the tank

Cheers. 

I'm am useless with electrics. Found abikge pump but now trying to work out how to wire the thing to the battery. It only comes with 3 foot of bare wires which will only just make it out the top of the tank! How do I connect those to the battery? Which wires? I want to put a simple on/off switch in line as well. What kind of fuse isneeded as well? All simple stuff I'm sure but like I say, electrical stuff is not my thing!
I used some wire i had laying about and spliced them into the existing wires

Cover the connections with glue from hot glue gun and then totally waterproof 

Crocodile clips on the ends for the battery and any inline switch will do somewhere on the negative side of the wiring

I have no fuse on mine although i probably should but been fine for the last year 

I use 1 of these as it is waterproof and big enough that i don't have to search for it.. just whack it with my hand

http://www.diy.com/departments/diall-1-gang-2-way-20a-external-single-outdoor-switch/259131_BQ.prd

Last edited by a moderator:

Crocodile clips on the ends for the battery and any inline switch will do somewhere on the negative side of the wiring

I have no fuse on mine although i probably should but been fine for the last year 

I use 1 of these as it is waterproof and big enough that i don't have to search for it.. just whack it with my hand

http://www.diy.com/departments/diall-1-gang-2-way-20a-external-single-outdoor-switch/259131_BQ.prd
good advice there matey

Thanks. I will order the bits later and get cracking. Appreciate the help buddy.

This is what you need guys , diesel transfer kit , works a treat , hook up a battery away you go amazon £56 

IMG_1228.PNG

I have looked at that however the listings all say it is not for water. It does look ideal for my needs but just it must state not for water for a reason.
I'm surprised by that , mate of mine been using one for months 

I'm surprised by that , mate of mine been using one for months 
Yeah, its a pain in the rear as it does look spot on for filling backpacks but I have so much to buy at the mo I cant risk wasting £60. Wonder why water cant be used?

Back