Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is my system to big for my van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mrgirth

Hi folks I’m new here and fairly new to waterfed cleaning
I moved over from traditional about 10/11 months ago and started out with backpack and Gerry cans Out the boot of my fiesta not ideal and it’s been hard work at times however I recently bought myself a new van and a 500ltr water genie system Iv only used it twice and Iv only half filled it as when I’m driving it feels like it’s going to tip over going round bends and when I stop it feels like I’m on a boat
The system wasn’t bolted to the chassis is this the cause of this or is the 500ltr tank to big for my transit connect
Iv gone on holiday and left it with a mechanic who is going to secure it to the van and fit a split relay but am I wasting my money and time doing this if it’s not safe to drive Iv added 2 pics of my van and system any advice be much appreciated

Attachments

• 00722501-E52A-440E-8300-0D60D4C7D7D2.png
    00722501-E52A-440E-8300-0D60D4C7D7D2.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 15
  • BFD9864E-531A-4871-AB33-170D57A0B66A.jpeg
    BFD9864E-531A-4871-AB33-170D57A0B66A.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 16
The connects came with either a 625kg or a 825kg payload. If yours is the the 625kg it will be overloaded, even the 825kg could be close to the limit depending what else you are carrying around.

If you fill it and it's the 625kg payload then you're definitely overloaded. If you say the water and tank are circa 600kgs then with you and your equipment you're probably overloaded with the 825kg payload.
Fund out your payload and if it's the bigger van then just put 450 litres in it and you should be legal.

If you fill it and it's the 625kg payload then you're definitely overloaded. If you say the water and tank are circa 600kgs then with you and your equipment you're probably overloaded with the 825kg payload.
Fund out your payload and if it's the bigger van then just put 450 litres in it and you should be legal.
Iv only half filled the tank the tank and frame itself is a weight took 3 of us to lift it in my spare tyre 2 reels a spare battery and a couple of poles makes up the rest of the weight
I know I’m not going over the payload but it’s a nervous drive hopefully it will improve when the system is bolted to the chassis

The payload should be on the V5 document but there should also be a panel under bonnet telling you max axle loads. If you have it too far back then it can effect your breaking!!!
Don't forget that the max load includes driver, passenger, fuel in tank plus all your kit and water! So if you have 2 people and a full tank of fuel that's about 250kg out of 825kg so you are down to 575kg. Then 2 reels and a battery is probably another 50kg so down to 525kg for tank, frame and water!!
If it's a 625kg van then you would be down to 325kg for frame, tank and water!!!!

The connects came with either a 625kg or a 825kg payload. If yours is the the 625kg it will be overloaded, even the 825kg could be close to the limit depending what else you are carrying around.
You got the short wheel base one. In the pic. So it's the lower payload. The long wheel base ones have the higher payload.

Hi folks I’m new here and fairly new to waterfed cleaning
I moved over from traditional about 10/11 months ago and started out with backpack and Gerry cans Out the boot of my fiesta not ideal and it’s been hard work at times however I recently bought myself a new van and a 500ltr water genie system Iv only used it twice and Iv only half filled it as when I’m driving it feels like it’s going to tip over going round bends and when I stop it feels like I’m on a boat
The system wasn’t bolted to the chassis is this the cause of this or is the 500ltr tank to big for my transit connect
Iv gone on holiday and left it with a mechanic who is going to secure it to the van and fit a split relay but am I wasting my money and time doing this if it’s not safe to drive Iv added 2 pics of my van and system any advice be much appreciated
You got the short wheel base model. So it's the lower payload mate.

Latest Posts

Back