Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Baffle balls

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JEM

So I'm now in the tank club rather than using my 12x 25ltr barrels. It's a 500ltr flat Wydale tank. Now the baffle works side to side but with 300ltrs in there, I do feel a bit of forward sloshing

Doing some reading up on this forum and the "other" forum people have talked about fitting them kids' plastic balls and using a soldering iron to make a few holes in each ball, lots of the threads are a good few years old
So has anyone done this for a solution? In one thread I read someone used 400 of the buggers and did notice a difference.

This is from a thread on the other forum but it's from 2017

"Well i am amazed at the change in the van , i put 200 in my wydale upright 350 on Monday , it now drives like a car , no sloshing can be heard and the rocking effect has totally gone when coming to a stop , it also pulls away like it does not have a tank in it at all , the handling has greatly improved , i might even go as far as to say that i would not be at all surprised if it also has an effect on wear and tear on the van itself , i used to have to put my foot down a fair bit at times to compensate for the back and forward motion of the water , clutch life and fuel efficiency should be improved , as far as things go i would put this to number 1 top tip on the youtube link above , for me its the biggest thing since the Univalve !"

Perforated pipe like this stuff?

I guess cut up into sections or just bung the whole thing in

Or I've found 400 of these just need to find a small child who'll put holes in them for Haribo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Perforated pipe and balls have the holes in it already so water can travel through.

you could buy play pit balls and then puncture holes in them with a soldering iron Which would probably work out cheaper.

Yes the play pit balls do work out a lot cheaper than the plastic already holed golf balls which are also smaller than the play pit balls
It's trying to work out how many I need I think 200 would be a good starting point and found 200 for £15 on Amazon

If it takes me 20 seconds to do each ball that's 1hr without a T break :ROFLMAO:

Yes the play pit balls do work out a lot cheaper than the plastic already holed golf balls which are also smaller than the play pit balls
It's trying to work out how many I need I think 200 would be a good starting point and found 200 for £15 on Amazon

If it takes me 20 seconds to do each ball that's 1hr without a T break :ROFLMAO:
I doubt the play pit balls would be sturdy enough as they're only very thin plastic

You will get used to it in time, and you will hardly notice it. It's like getting your sea legs. :ROFLMAO:

My 650 litre tank is across the width of my van. It was length ways in my previous van. The gentle rocking movement with the tank widthways is better than the sudden bang when braking hard with the water hitting the baffles.

Haha my dad still uses them, just found the video we did. He’s been using baffle balls since 2012.

Definitely makes a difference, there is better ways to baffle now tbh.

@Damo Yes that video was very useful with the 5 tops tips (y)

What would you think is a better way to baffle now? the perforated pipe? or I can try the play pit balls do you think 200 would be enough for a 500ltr flat tank

Spruce, I'm ok with the motion myself it's just I'm thinking it might be more wear and tear on the van with the forces when braking/accelerating

@Damo Yes that video was very useful with the 5 tops tips (y)

What would you think is a better way to baffle now? the perforated pipe? or I can try the play pit balls do you think 200 would be enough for a 500ltr flat tank

Spruce, I'm ok with the motion myself it's just I'm thinking it might be more wear and tear on the van with the forces when braking/accelerating
What make is the tank?

So I managed to get 25mtrs of 80mm perforated pipe

I need to work out if to cut it into 1mtr sections

Won't be as pretty as multicolour balls floating around in the tank?

Update
I fitted about 8M of the 80mm perforated pipe I cut two lengths of 2mtrs then a few of 1mtr and a few 500m to fill the spaces
Have to say it's worked I can now take Maggots and Becketts flat out ?

Seriously, no forward or back sloshing

I highly recommend doing it especially if you have a flat tank, Wydale tanks just ain't really baffled if we are honest, they just have a center section that is part of the molding for strength more than to stop sloshing

ps I have 17M of perforated pipe left if anyone wants to try it!

Back