Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rainwater harvesting-well worth it

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dont the water companies get upset at industrial scale rainwater harvesting? im sure i read something somewhere about this...

They can hardly say anything if your only using rain that falls on your own property, that would surely be a step too far, even in todays orwellian society. Although I  had heard that certain states in the u.s are against it. Beggars belief dont it? I can see that chip implant getting closer by the week. I will refuse it whatever.

ingenious idea. some rains cleaner than others.  I reckon over west of uk is cleaner if its just come off the atlantic, it gets more impurities from pollution etc by the time it crosses over the cities and gets to the east. Over here by the suffolk coast it tested at 9. Mind you, that wasnt off a dirty roof. last year I tested some fresh snow which was 2, I think it had come from sweden or somewhere east, and then another time the fresh snow was a filthy 15 or so. Lot of variation.
I’m East Midlands, I’ve checked it a few times 2-12

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Who did you play for @ Part Timer back in the day I played for.
Pontypool
Newbridge
Cross keys
Newport
From 1995 - 2005 ish.
Just wondering if we crossed paths?
My body's paying for it now though!!!! Makes you wonder was it worthwhile
emoji106.png

Played for England Colts v Welsh Youth in 1982 ? Quite a few future Welsh Internationals played, probably the most famous Adrian Hadley who went on to play for The Lions as well. Our most famous player was Rory Underwood ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool going back a bit further than my time how's the body holding up?

As per the other discussion I'm having with @steve garwoodit's very swollen, but that's probably down to the beer. I didn't actually play that long, 12ish years, as I ruptured my Achillies Tendon when I was 24. This does still give me a lot of gip in the morning, especially the cold ones 

As per the other discussion I'm having with [mention=2664]steve garwood[/mention]it's very swollen, but that's probably down to the beer. I didn't actually play that long, 12ish years, as I ruptured my Achillies Tendon when I was 24. This does still give me a lot of gip in the morning, especially the cold ones 
Take it easy and have a good day sir.[emoji4] [emoji106]

They can hardly say anything if your only using rain that falls on your own property, that would surely be a step too far, even in todays orwellian society. Although I  had heard that certain states in the u.s are against it. Beggars belief dont it? I can see that chip implant getting closer by the week. I will refuse it whatever.
There are news stories in America of people going to prison for it

Those doomsday preppers with 1000s of litres storage buried on their property

Who did you play for @ Part Timer back in the day I played for.
Pontypool
Newbridge
Cross keys
Newport
From 1995 - 2005 ish.
Just wondering if we crossed paths?
My body's paying for it now though!!!! Makes you wonder was it worthwhile
emoji106.png

I played rugby for small clubs for 25 years and gave up 2 years ago due to always aching and hurting even 5 days after a match

Gotta call it a day sometime

I do miss it though 

As per the other discussion I'm having with @steve garwoodit's very swollen, but that's probably down to the beer. I didn't actually play that long, 12ish years, as I ruptured my Achillies Tendon when I was 24. This does still give me a lot of gip in the morning, especially the cold ones 
My lack of knowledge on Greek mythology as always been my Achilles elbow ?

Back