Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rectus fitting conundrum

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rectus 26 last a lot longer.....I've been using them for years....I also disconnect a lot during my working day to plug into my return hose to keep my water hot.....I get up to 6 months out of mine...if they jam I squirt them with WD40

Morning all. 
Remember reading this and having been cheesed off with constant leaking I changed my rectus over to this in a van to test.

It uses a male and female John guest. They don’t last forever but about as long as I was able to maintain the rectus. The key difference is it’s a lot cheaper to change this male and female JG compared to a pair of rectus. When it comes to multiple vans it gets a bit silly changing rectus constantly. 

appreciate it’s not ideal for uni valve users but thought to share as it may help a few out.

its quite simple and tidy. I buy the fittings from eBay and get a load for £10 or so depending on how many you want. Had the valve bodies already

in another van I am testing the same valve but with a male barb. Then just pushing on a naked pole hose. Over the last 6 weeks I’ve found this the easiest and cheapest. Hose stays put without clips too. Will post a pic later. 

View attachment 21456
The only issue with that fitting is strain relief and the plastic retainer collar degrading in weather and UV. The don't last long and don't like being pulled on or angular tension 

The only issue with that fitting is strain relief and the plastic retainer collar degrading in weather and UV. The don't last long and don't like being pulled on or angular tension 
It works just as well as rectus but replacement cost is a fraction. I’m waiting for that permanent solution that doesn’t leak and fail after a few months.

Been using this for months now and it’s worked perfectly in terms of practicality. 

Since I swapped to genuine Parker rectus 21 I haven’t had an issue. I disconnect between every job and connect the hose reel to a connector in the top of the tank (recirculating the hot water to keep the hose warm). Last changed my fittings 9 months ago and they are still going strong. Strange how we seem to have similar set ups @Pjj but you have to replace yours so frequently? 
i was at my local suppliers the other day and this conversation came up, the top image is a genuine parker rectus fitting whereas the bottom image is a cheaper copy from turkey i beleive, they buy hosereels from streamline and chop off the fitting and install the better quality parker fitting as a matter of course.

you can see the differences between the two fittings.

@AGlassAct and @pjj have you considered having pole hose connected back to tank and use an jg straight fitting? you could then just connect that fitting to the t peice at the brush end on the pole and keep the pole rectus fitting connected to the hosereel - not tried it myself but it was just something i thought of that might help, wouldn't work for me as you both know my set up is different to  yours

but would save connecting and disconnecting all the time, 

IMG_0627.JPG

i was at my local suppliers the other day and this conversation came up, the top image is a genuine parker rectus fitting whereas the bottom image is a cheaper copy from turkey i beleive, they buy hosereels from streamline and chop off the fitting and install the better quality parker fitting as a matter of course.

@AGlassAct and @pjj have you considered having pole hose connected back to tank and use an jg straight fitting? you could then just connect that fitting to the t peice at the brush end on the pole and keep the pole rectus fitting connected to the hosereel - not tried it myself but it was just something i thought of that might help, wouldn't work for me as you both know my set up is different to  yours

View attachment 21471
The Parker fittings are much better, but they too are not as good as they used to be. 

View attachment 21471
I had that ‘feature’ on my old van/setup. I found the t (Gardiner supplied) didn’t appreciate being connected/disconnected so much, the teeth in the fitting kept snapping off and making its way to the jets. Was quite expensive in the end. I don’t use pole hose now - just use reel hose throughout so I don’t have any joins. Less snagging and less things to leak!!

We use hoseless set up on all our poles and the rectus 21 is perfect for  that , we disconnect   our poles and then re connect  the pole hose to a return to tank fitting to keep the hose reels hot , hope that makes sense ,so we need a stop end , I like jag fittings but don’t feel they would be any good in this application??? Ime always happy to look at suggestions from  others as to how this set up could be improved 

Latest Posts

Back