Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rectus fittings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think I'll stick to rectus for now.. If you treat them well they'll last forever. I have a protectaball on the pole hose side male connector that keeps it off the ground while dragging along. I also don't disconnect very often and if I do I'm very careful with the ends as that's when they're vulnerable. 

I'm going to switch to tubeless though as and that will be even better for protecting it.

I tried the ex-ceed connector but it wasn’t for me.

I didn’t like the feel of them as they feel very cheap imo, I often tread on a rectus and it does the fitting no harm where the ex-ceed starts to lose shape and look old and tatty quickly.

when I connect my rectus I have a bad habit of throwing down the connected hose and the rectus out performed the ex-ceed during this test. 

finally, price. For bits of plastic compared to the rectus you’d expect a cheaper price point but that’s not what you get.

Are they 3D printed or done from a mold?

I paid £24 for a male and female plastic ex-ceed that lasted me roughly three weeks where’s the rectus 21 (Parker) lasted me two months and cost £10 for a male and female.

I’d recommend sticking to a Parker Rectus for price and quality. 

I stopped using rectus where I could, went tubeless and have no issues with joints leaking after a couple of weeks. I still have the pro 026 connectors in my van and they are a waste of time too, they leak from the collar when they want to and I’ve had to throw a few recently that I couldn’t reconnect after taking them off. I agree with the ‘branded’ statement though. I think if we stuck to Parker instead of the cheap cr4p Gardiner’s sell they would last a bit longer. I have two genuine Parker fittings that are 3 years old - never leaked and disconnect and connect without issue. I will change my van fittings to John guest at some point as I have 100% confidence that they will never leak.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

What do you guys regard as the best reel fixings. I use the orange hoselock tyoe. The same as I use for my first vessel. They work fine on the vessels but with the spinning action of the reel they always end up dripping. Could well be the o ring on the reel. But that's another story as have got loads of o rings and none are the correct fit lol.

I notice some people use brass fittings to connect transfer hose to the reel. 

I tried the ex-ceed connector but it wasn’t for me.

I didn’t like the feel of them as they feel very cheap imo, I often tread on a rectus and it does the fitting no harm where the ex-ceed starts to lose shape and look old and tatty quickly.

when I connect my rectus I have a bad habit of throwing down the connected hose and the rectus out performed the ex-ceed during this test. 

finally, price. For bits of plastic compared to the rectus you’d expect a cheaper price point but that’s not what you get.

Are they 3D printed or done from a mold?

I paid £24 for a male and female plastic ex-ceed that lasted me roughly three weeks where’s the rectus 21 (Parker) lasted me two months and cost £10 for a male and female.

I’d recommend sticking to a Parker Rectus for price and quality. 
I recently tried an Exceed Slick connector, it lasted a couple of months max. 

The concept of it does work in that it doesn’t drag around obstacles anywhere near as much, it is watertight (always a bonus?) and protects the inner connector.

having said all that for the cost I didn’t think it was worth it, after a short period of time the plastic becomes fatigued and the barbs go soft at the joint and snap.

I’ve followed the advice from many on here about tubeless and a hose joiner using Polymorph (thanks @Den for the heads up).

one thing I’m undecided about is JG straight connector over a Rectus at the base of my pole.

I use to have to change mine every 3 months or so
But now gone tubless
But exceed ejector sleeve saves them a lot
Have had mine about a year and my rectus still looks new
Image is the ejector sleeve
eeb2d28d7e6046ba744617bd1764cb7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back