Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rectus fittings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm sure Steve sells it to lub the Slick connectors as they can be a bit tight coupling them together and taking them apart. I would also worry about grit getting into the coupling and sticking to the grease, but I haven't got any yet so this is an imagined problem/issue.
It's just for my ez-snap male fitting as after a while they seem to stiffen up and don't connect  as easily I tried a little bit of grease on the fitting but it wore off within a hour, Might try some wd40 this morning and see how things go. 

Does anyone know if the slick connect will fit through hose guide rollers? Specifically the metal ones, HD roller guides.
I checked this last night :1f603:

The diamt of the Slick Connect is 28mm. I looked at a number of fairleads on ebay and they were all smaller than 28mm if you were planning to go through the floor.

If it (roller guide) fits onto the hose reel like Gardiners Grippa Reel Landscape full width roller guide then it won't matter as its better it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad I'm tubeless no snags well almost , no sticky connectors or connectors that disconnect, no pole hose to mess around hand coiling, I just pull my hose out do the job if I want to change to different pole it takes 2 seconds, walk back to the van press a button reels in seconds no effort whatsoever. 

I cant see a current pole,  hose and reel setup that beats it for efficiency.

So glad I'm tubeless no snags well almost , no sticky connectors or connectors that disconnect, no pole hose to mess around hand coiling, I just pull my hose out do the job if I want to change to different pole it takes 2 seconds, walk back to the van press a button reels in seconds no effort whatsoever. 

I cant see a current pole,  hose and reel setup that beats it for efficiency.

Sounds the way forward Den, what does tubeless entail?

No it’s called polymorph plastic cost around £5 off eBay a bag will last a life x 2 over you put it in hot water and then it molds into any shape you want,  it goes a solid white when cooled. 

Like I say I don’t normally disconnect my pole when packing away I slot my pole into a downpipe fixed inside the roof of van, pull out do job then pack away using the JG fittings cost pennies rather than pounds an last just as long, many benefits no protecta balls or discs or large slick covers, no hand coiling pole hose etc. Very fast simple and effective p,us the electric reel is the icing on the cake.

9D427C7E-F75B-4EE4-9BD0-E0DAF287ABFF.jpeg

My slick connect was working fine till I stood on it
emoji24.png
emoji24.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Oh really!? I didn't think of that, I do tread on the Rectus fittings quite a bit.

No it’s called polymorph plastic cost around £5 off eBay a bag will last a life x 2 over you put it in hot water and then it molds into any shape you want,  it goes a solid white when cooled. 

Like I say I don’t normally disconnect my pole when packing away I slot my pole into a downpipe fixed inside the roof of van, pull out do job then pack away using the JG fittings cost pennies rather than pounds an last just as long, many benefits no protecta balls or discs or large slick covers, no hand coiling pole hose etc. Very fast simple and effective p,us the electric reel is the icing on the cake.

View attachment 13402
Hi Denise love your set up mate it's all about efficiency bud. Three quick questions for you if you would be so kind.

1 what connections are they (from reel to pole hose,and on pic1 and pic2.?

2 which 6mm pole hose 

3 seriously thinking of visiting waterworks as they are close to me do you rate their HD reels. 

As  I say your set up looks as good as it gets cheers.

Hi Denise love your set up mate it's all about efficiency bud. Three quick questions for you if you would be so kind.

1 what connections are they (from reel to pole hose,and on pic1 and pic2.?

2 which 6mm pole hose 

3 seriously thinking of visiting waterworks as they are close to me do you rate their HD reels. 

As  I say your set up looks as good as it gets cheers.
1. I get my John guest connectors from gardinerpolesystems they are good quality you can get similar for pennies on eBay but I found them slightly bigger.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/john-guest-fittings/metric-fittings/push-fit-8mm-to-8mm-straight-connector-in-black.html

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/john-guest-fittings/metric-fittings/john-guest-8mm-stem-to-6mm-barb.html

2. Gardiner green pu hose works perfect with univalve.

3. There are now a couple of other electric reels to chose from, I only have experience with the HD and love it I have a dicky shoulder and since using the HD the pain as now receded can reel 100m in 30 seconds. 

1. I get my John guest connectors from gardinerpolesystems they are good quality you can get similar for pennies on eBay but I found them slightly bigger.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/john-guest-fittings/metric-fittings/push-fit-8mm-to-8mm-straight-connector-in-black.html

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/john-guest-fittings/metric-fittings/john-guest-8mm-stem-to-6mm-barb.html

2. Gardiner green pu hose works perfect with univalve.

3. There are now a couple of other electric reels to chose from, I only have experience with the HD and love it I have a dicky shoulder and since using the HD the pain as now receded can reel 100m in 30 seconds. 
Cheers bud. I'll take a look though that lot over the weekend. 

Didn't think an electric reel would save that much time......but that is quick lol

Hi guys

First I’d like to thank all of you fellas on here as I’ve learnt so much from here regarding wfp!
Must admit if it wasn’t for this forum I’d probably still be 100% trad!
So have a few questions so excuse me if they sound silly as I still class myself as a beginner when it comes to wfp.

1) have the same problem with my rectus fittings since January changed them 2-3 times and there the metal/aluminium ones from Gardiner so would like a long time alternative to this problem as it’s a pain when you gotta fart ass around on the job

2)been buying my purified water
Which cost me £2 a barrel
Roughly go through about 8 barrels a week and that’s cuz I only do tops and be cautious with the water!
Reckon could use 10 easily a week
So thinking of producing my own water
Got an ibc tank but could be moving houses soon so I thought if I just get the filters and connect to outdoor tap and use hose to fill up drums rather than carry them through the house for now!
Based in Leicester so I think the water readings are in his 100’s
(Definitely not over200)
If I remember correctly!

What exactly would I need to set this up?

Appreciate your help fellas!

Also if you could put some links would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Hi guys

First I’d like to thank all of you fellas on here as I’ve learnt so much from here regarding wfp!
Must admit if it wasn’t for this forum I’d probably still be 100% trad!
So have a few questions so excuse me if they sound silly as I still class myself as a beginner when it comes to wfp.

1) have the same problem with my rectus fittings since January changed them 2-3 times and there the metal/aluminium ones from Gardiner so would like a long time alternative to this problem as it’s a pain when you gotta fart ass around on the job

2)been buying my purified water
Which cost me £2 a barrel
Roughly go through about 8 barrels a week and that’s cuz I only do tops and be cautious with the water!
Reckon could use 10 easily a week
So thinking of producing my own water
Got an ibc tank but could be moving houses soon so I thought if I just get the filters and connect to outdoor tap and use hose to fill up drums rather than carry them through the house for now!
Based in Leicester so I think the water readings are in his 100’s
(Definitely not over200)
If I remember correctly!

What exactly would I need to set this up?

Appreciate your help fellas!

Also if you could put some links would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
If there the rectus fittings they should last ages if there fit right and as for ur water if ur tap water is 200 ish ur looking at RO system , I’m double DI and use about 1500 litres a week , resin lasts me ages but at 200 ppm don’t think it’s guner last long

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Nightmare.. 

Reeling in the hose and the slick connect got stuck between the tyre and a curb. After trying to free it for ten minutes I realised the only way I was getting this out is with a tug. 

Being plastic it crumbled. 

Ten years using rectus fittings I never had this happen, it's my own fault I suppose - I should have place the slick connect by the bumper and then reeled in the hose. 

Thought I would share as just a heads up for everyone else really.

IMG_0472.jpg

Nightmare.. 

Reeling in the hose and the slick connect got stuck between the tyre and a curb. After trying to free it for ten minutes I realised the only way I was getting this out is with a tug. 

Ten years using rectus fittings I never had this happen, it's my own fault I suppose - I should have place the slick connect by the bumper and then reeled in the hose. 

View attachment 13460
Wouldn't lifting the van with a jack released it. I would have thought taking the weight off the tyre would have reduced the bulge to release the wedged Slick Connect. That would have been my plan of attack after trying to pull it back in the opposite direction.  Another post said to not stand on it as it will break. That is something to consider as I accidently stand on my Rectus couplings occassionally when I'm looking up rather than down.

Wouldn't lifting the van with a jack released it. I would have thought taking the weight off the tyre would have reduced the bulge to release the wedged Slick Connect. That would have been my plan of attack after trying to pull it back in the opposite direction.  Another post said to not stand on it as it will break. That is something to consider as I accidently stand on my Rectus couplings occassionally when I'm looking up rather than down.
Bloody snags used to be the bane of my working day, go tubless with what I done in the above photo see how small the connector is just a couple mil bigger than the hose itself compared to rectus and slick connector. 

Very ry rarely get a snag now. 

Nightmare.. 

View attachment 13460
Bloody snags used to be the bane of my working day, go tubless with what I done in the above photo see how small the connector is just a couple mil bigger than the hose itself compared to rectus and slick connector. 

Latest Posts

Back