Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ReelMaster Problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

THL4KEL

Has anyone ever had this problem with the Reelmaster -

When I press the button box to rewind the hose, there is a lack off power and there is a buzzing noise coming out of the controller. Started off with the occasional buzzing noise and has got progressively worse.

I am getting `reading off 12.8 of the leisure battery so I dont think thats a problem. I have changed the battery connectors to see if that made any difference, that hasn't..

I have checked the electrical connections and nothing is loose, no water has got into the cables either as I have it all elevated off the floor...

Could be contacts with the controller arching.

Are you able to take a battery voltage reading while the reel is winding in? We have seen a battery showing a full state of charge (12.7v) and then dying when under load, usually from a well-used battery or one with a faulty cell.

Battery disconnected reads 12.98

Battery under load using ReelMaster 12.79

Checked with multimeter.

The Spring controller read out is giving a similar figure.

The loud buzzing sound when I press the reel in button, if I keep my finger on the button after a while it stops.

The first digit on the Spring Controller controller, the light seems dimmer than the other three digits.

Battery disconnected reads 12.98

Battery under load using ReelMaster 12.79

Checked with multimeter.

The Spring controller read out is giving a similar figure.

The loud buzzing sound when I press the reel in button, if I keep my finger on the button after a while it stops.

The first digit on the Spring Controller controller, the light seems dimmer than the other three digits.
I guess @Ian Sheppard would be the best to advise but in the meantime check all connections, maybe even open up the button and check the connections.

I've checked all connections Ched. I can't access the box as it's not flat/Philips screw head fittings. All I can think is maybe something inside the controller is loose..

Have you checked inside the rewind button box ?
Yeah everything looks fine. When I press rewind it works it's just the controller making this buzzing noise upon start up.. Not sure if I keep using it if it's causing damage to it.

Yeah I got in touch with PF, they just said it's a loose connection. Ian has got in touch and thinks it's a possible short circuit. When that happens the controller takes power away from the reel motor. I've sent him some pics and hopefully he can tell me if it's repairable or whether I need to replace it...

Back