Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin beads in tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimmybob2614

So I've cleaned the tank this morning and have started re filling it. I just emptied a little water out of the bottom to check the TDS and I notices 4 or 5 resin beads in the bottom of the glass. I'm using an unger 6L vessel with loose Tulsion 115. Is there anything I can put the beads in (a stocking for example) to stop them getting into the tank?

So I've cleaned the tank this morning and have started re filling it. I just emptied a little water out of the bottom to check the TDS and I notices 4 or 5 resin beads in the bottom of the glass. I'm using an unger 6L vessel with loose Tulsion 115. Is there anything I can put the beads in (a stocking for example) to stop them getting into the tank?
Try checking your DI vessel riser. Fill level O rings aren't fouled and don't you have an inline pump screen filter from the tank to the pump.

Quite basic things you should have in place 

Try checking your DI vessel riser. Fill level O rings aren't fouled and don't you have an inline pump screen filter from the tank to the pump.

Quite basic things you should have in place 
Riser is fine 

O rings are fine 

And no I don't have a filter for the pure water, it never crossed my mind as it is pure, I'd never considered beads coming out of the pure water outlet, so im sorry if its basic but I had never thought of it 

Riser is fine 

O rings are fine 

And no I don't have a filter for the pure water, it never crossed my mind as it is pure, I'd never considered beads coming out of the pure water outlet, so im sorry if its basic but I had never thought of it 
Filters catch debris. Just like a tea bag stops you getting a mouth full of tea leaves 

And no I don't have a filter for the pure water, it never crossed my mind as it is pure, I'd never considered beads coming out of the pure water outlet,
A lot of people have a Shurflo inline filter between the tank outlet and the pump just in case there is some debris in the tank as anything getting to the pump can damage it. They are only about £15 but could save your pump. 

I would also say a shutoff valve on the outlet from the tank is a good idea as then you can close off the tank while you clean a filter or change a pump without trying to stop all the water in the tank going everywhere!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A lot of people have a Shurflo inline filter between the tank outlet and the pump just in case there is some debris in the tank as anything getting to the pump can damage it. They are only about £15 but could save your pump. 

I would also say a shutoff valve on the outlet from the tank is a good idea as then you can close off the tank while you clean a filter or change a pump without trying to stop all the water in the tank going everywhere!
I have a shurflo filter before the pump as well as a shut off

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm not getting beads out of the pole, it was during a water test I did straight from the outlet of the tank to test my water as the battery was charging so couldn't use the pole. 

My resin is just loose in the vessel, not in the bags 

I power wash the inside of my tank occasionally
There's usually a few odd resin beads in there, plus a bit of algae and other mysterious debris starts to appear too.
it doesn't seem to cause a problem as long as I clean it out now and then.

Back