Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rinsing help please please please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That is a exactly what I thought when I've got to the houses..  Try to put the money up and people have a heart attack and say they wouldn't pay that much for their windows cleaned they'd leave them for the rain

You would struggle to get £20 in mine, not saying you wouldn't but would miss a lot more then you got. £15-£18 would be the range for me.
Spot on mate that's exactly where I'd be. That would be a 4 weekly price. I have to say though 7.50...not a chance in hell even here in the North East I'd take that on at that price. Not even when I first started lol.

That is a exactly what I thought when I've got to the houses..  Try to put the money up and people have a heart attack and say they wouldn't pay that much for their windows cleaned they'd leave them for the rain
When I first started I bought a few houses off a local windy to bump my round up a bit. Even now 6 years later some, although not many less than a handful, are still not where they should be due to not being able to whack the price up that much each time. Thing is when he originally priced them, there was 3 guys working on it so could be done in about 5 mins if that. So I think he priced for that rather than what I actually should be. Crazy, and frustrating!

Spot on mate that's exactly where I'd be. That would be a 4 weekly price. I have to say though 7.50...not a chance in hell even here in the North East I'd take that on at that price. Not even when I first started lol.
We charge £15 for a 3 bed semi with a small conservatory , that house Down hear I would Price it at £25 and pretty much guaranteed to  get it every time , £30-35 60-70% chance of getting it . 

We charge £15 for a 3 bed semi with a small conservatory , that house Down hear I would Price it at £25 and pretty much guaranteed to  get it every time , £30-35 60-70% chance of getting it . 
What do you charge for the 3 bed without the conservatory?

It would take me £12 to get out my van at any new customer.

Some older ones are a little lower but that is gradually changing as time goes on.

Think I'm starting to understand how you guys are getting 30-45 pounds an hour now... Your prices are far far superior lol 
The service has to match the price though, plenty of lads wanting to jump into window cleaning and now more so than ever before, but peanuts and monkeys springs to mind people wanting to get into the industry as cheap as possible with a backpack and think they will be rolling in money in no time it simply wont happen easily and  more than 98% of them they will go back to a paye job with 4 weeks paid holiday and sick pay because window cleaning might look easy but it ain't and running a business is whole different ball game 

I do understand that but people around here won't give you time of day if you mention prices like that. Some huge houses about at the idea of paying more than 12.. Guess that's why there's not many windows cleaners around here, most must've noticed that people just won't pay the price needed to make above minimum wage

All this really depends on what standard of service people are prepared to pay For. If the windows are absolutely bogging - frames severely blackened by soot, thick with green algae, lichen growing on the sills and frames, everything grey and needs pink stuff & magic sponges, vents that need flushing out then you can be there for hours upon hours if its a large house.
in this case i wouldnt even start with purified id probably connect up to the Customers outside tap, scrub and rinse everything, Then A quick scrub/ rinse with purified, Then get my ladder out do my scrubbing and sponging by hand. Find out if you are walking in to windows in Relatively good condition or if they are in a hell of a state.

a good way To reply when the customer enquires (e.g. 3 bed semi) 
is “hello mr/mrs...if the windows are in relatively good condition without any x y and z on them and no Whitening of frames and sills necessary it would be a flat rate of E.g. £18 (basically show up wfp job done)

if they are in hell of a state with all of mentioned on them then it’s £40 p/hr until they are clean”

if they dont accept That fair enough as theres better money to be made pressure washing/fascia cleaning and clearing out gutters. Gotta get your moneys worth out of any job you know. 

All this really depends on what standard of service people are prepared to pay For. If the windows are absolutely bogging - frames severely blackened by soot, thick with green algae, lichen growing on the sills and frames, everything grey and needs pink stuff & magic sponges, vents that need flushing out then you can be there for hours upon hours if its a large house.
in this case i wouldnt even start with purified id probably connect up to the Customers outside tap, scrub and rinse everything, Then A quick scrub/ rinse with purified, Then get my ladder out do my scrubbing and sponging by hand. Find out if you are walking in to windows in Relatively good condition or if they are in a hell of a state.

a good way To reply when the customer enquires (e.g. 3 bed semi) 
is “hello mr/mrs...if the windows are in relatively good condition without any x y and z on them and no Whitening of frames and sills necessary it would be a flat rate of E.g. £18 (basically show up wfp job done)

if they are in hell of a state with all of mentioned on them then it’s £40 p/hr until they are clean”

if they dont accept That fair enough as theres better money to be made pressure washing/fascia cleaning and clearing out gutters. Gotta get your moneys worth out of any job you know. 
The only reply I give to queries is "what is the address as I would have to see the property to be able to give you a quote".

Unless it is a house in certain parts of town where I know they are all pretty much identical depending on size.

The only reply I give to queries is "what is the address as I would have to see the property to be able to give you a quote".

Unless it is a house in certain parts of town where I know they are all pretty much identical depending on size.
Yeah viewings always best but then you’ve gotta make the journey havent you. I try and get as much info as possible from google earth and talking to the customer. Nothing more frustrating than making the effort to go out and give a quote to have it rejected or no reply, its all time and diesel. 
whereas if i put it straight to them “if in a good way it will be £, if in a bad way it will be £ p/hr) then they can either reply or not reply and either way i havent had to go out you know.

also getting the customer to text over pictures is a good way. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah viewings always best but then you’ve gotta make the journey havent you. I try and get as much info as possible from google earth and talking to the customer. Nothing more frustrating than making the effort to go out and give a quote to have it rejected or no reply, its all time and diesel. 
whereas if i put it straight to them “if in a good way it will be £, if in a bad way it will be £ p/hr) then they can either reply or not reply and either way i havent had to go out you know.

also getting the customer to text over pictures is a good way. 
I work in a small area so not too awkward for me to do.

I guarantee I would drive past at some point during the week anyway so I always tell them I'll look on whatever day I'm near.

To be fair I never often go more than about 5 miles from home unless I'm in the village next door.

It would take me £12 to get out my van at any new customer.

Some older ones are a little lower but that is gradually changing as time goes on.
We have literally several hundred on various estates with only 3-4 van moves per day going a few hundred yards at a time so although £10-12 isn’t high prices we do between 4-7 per hour per man ones with conservatory are £15-25 a go depending on size so it’s very good money and less than a 5 muinit drive from home 

Quite similar, I want to know the address first to know if I cover the area first always best to ask had two in the past week that were over 150 miles away you can get a snobby and only do nice areas as well ?

if the address is right for me then as it's usually Fb messages so photos of each side of the house and quoted in less than 5 minutes if they are prompt, only certain detached houses need a walk around to suss out access and whack on etc ? for extra leg work 

Quite similar, I want to know the address first to know if I cover the area first always best to ask had two in the past week that were over 150 miles away you can get a snobby and only do nice areas as well ?

if the address is right for me then as it's usually Fb messages so photos of each side of the house and quoted in less than 5 minutes if they are prompt, only certain detached houses need a walk around to suss out access and whack on etc ? for extra leg work 
I've stopped using Facebook. 

Too many idiots on there and too busy to entertain them.

It was usefull to build up work but forever getting numpties also.

I have more work than before lockdown due to the amount of walkups and recommendations I'm getting so no need for Facebook.

I have more work than before lockdown due to the amount of walkups and recommendations I'm getting so no need for Facebook.
Fb works very well for me as I get a lot of custys recommending me on private resident's fb pages for good newish and new  estates, this I have been told by different custys who have recommended me and have said my name gets mentioned a lot, in the grand scheme of things I ain't had that many ask for estates and streets i won't touch at all 

Good to hear I’m exactly same haven’t advertised in any shape or form in 2 years constantly getting enquires all from recommendations. 

But in all fairness I have had lots of great clients from FB as well as the messers. 

Good to hear I’m exactly same haven’t advertised in any shape or form in 2 years constantly getting enquires all from recommendations. 

But in all fairness I have had lots of great clients from FB as well as the messers. 
i think the problem using Facebook in the same area for years is that all the genuine people have already been in contact and now just the same old time wasters.

i think the problem using Facebook in the same area for years is that all the genuine people have already been in contact and now just the same old time wasters.
Like most people I think I’m a good judge of character, but FB customers have caught me out plenty of times ☹️ Or I’m a lot stupider than I realise ?

Back