Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO Filter missing attachment

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It might be. Not keen on biying things like resin pots off ebay. Always get my stuff from a reputable supplier as any problems its easily rectified and a reputable supplier normally sells quality stuff. Ebay can sometimes be cheap copys which in the longrun is false economy.
Try ordering another 10 inch resin pot so it come out your existing pot then into another one. Mines a 450 PF similar to yours and thats howvi have done mine goes in at 296 comes out of membraines at 003 so my double resin pots (2x 1litre) lasts months (also using a boostr pump and flushing daily)

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Some great advice!!!, feeling like I'm understanding a lot more now!!

Cheers I'm gonna order some new bits tomorrow 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just tested my water and it is coming out of the tap at 252 and coming out of RO at 15 which is 94% which seems too low , does anyone know why it would be so high , I've only been using it for 4 days!, 

also should I take off all the these blue clips ? What are they for? 

Thanks 

20171117_125451.jpg

The blue clips are locking inserts to stop inlet pipes from popping out under pressure.
Maybe try silicaing all the rubber seals etc suppose anything will help.
Its a case of elimination im afraid.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've just tested my water and it is coming out of the tap at 252 and coming out of RO at 15 which is 94% which seems too low , does anyone know why it would be so high , I've only been using it for 4 days!, 

also should I take off all the these blue clips ? What are they for? 

Thanks 

View attachment 11975

I think you have to leave it to settle in a bit more.

It always concerns me when suppliers are able to cut the price of new units. I start to wonder if they are reducing costs by fitting cheap membranes. If the quality of production doesn't improve then I would check to see what membranes PF have fitted. The top cap will inscrew from the housing and you remove the membrane. Sometimes you need to do this carefully was some long nosed pliers. You don't want to damage the end.

Your water pressure will affect the quality of the water you produce.

The other suggestion is run the r/o for about 5 - 10 minutes and then remove the pure outlet from each membrane housing with the r/o still filtering water.

Catch some pure from each membrane and test the tds of each.

If the membranes are coupled up in parallel then each membrane should produce the same (or very similar) water quality. If one is much higher than that's where the problem is.

If you have a setup where one membranes waste feeds into the next membranes inlt, then you need to couple up each membrane on its own and test its output.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks both I'll check over weekend , so I keep the clips on , I've taken some off of the in and out , oops , 

should I use plumbing tape on all connections too? 

Thanks both I'll check over weekend , so I keep the clips on , I've taken some off of the in and out , oops , 

should I use plumbing tape on all connections too

No. If they aren't leaking then they are fine tbh. These John Guest fittings are really very good.

Back