Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO Filters with float valve?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi, I've just got a 1/4" float valve to stop my ibc tank overflowing when filling.
I've just had it pointed out to me that although it will stop the product water going into the tank, the RO will keep processing water and sending it down the waste pipe. Does anyone have a good solution for this?
The float valve doesn't have a connection for the back of it so I can't use it to stop the input water.

Attachments

• 1655472556921212838580193281275.jpg
    1655472556921212838580193281275.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi, I've just got a 1/4" float valve to stop my ibc tank overflowing when filling.
I've just had it pointed out to me that although it will stop the product water going into the tank, the RO will keep processing water and sending it down the waste pipe. Does anyone have a good solution for this?
The float valve doesn't have a connection for the back of it so I can't use it to stop the input water
You can get a solenoid valve for this. Cost about 70 I think from daqua, probably cheaper making yourself one from eBay

You can get a 12v solenoid from Amazon £14 and a float switch again from Amazon for £10 - it's normally closed so if power cut it shuts off water. Then you need to provide the 12v so an adapter like this again from Amazon for £11 - I suggested this adapter as it has a fitting so you can connect wires to it.
So all in about £35 and a couple of bits of wire to go from the power adapter through the float switch to the solenoid. If you need a diagram let mw know.
You could even wire 2 float switches in series in case one fails.
Hope that helps?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You can get a 12v solenoid from Amazon £14 and a float switch again from Amazon for £10 - it's normally closed so if power cut it shuts off water. Then you need to provide the 12v so an adapter like this again from Amazon for £11 - I suggested this adapter as it has a fitting so you can connect wires to it.
So all in about £35 and a couple of bits of wire to go from the power adapter through the float switch to the solenoid. If you need a diagram let mw know.
You could even wire 2 float switches in series in case one fails.
Hope that helps?
Thank you, that's really helpful. I'm going to get the bits and have a go.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Brodex used to sell a float stop valve you could use @Skxawng .

If memory serves me, Circuit Hydraulics on Ebay sells them much cheaper.

It is similar to a standard ball valve but doesn't 'drop' its water directly into the tank. It has an outlet which can then be connected up to your r/o. When the van's tank is full, it switches the water off to the r/o. The down side is that with the r/o fitted externally, a hole needs to be drilled though the tank for the feeder pipe from the valve to the r/o.

Latest Posts

Back