Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO flush question

• Thread starter Deleted member 5762
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

Small update for anyone who’s interested. My tap water is 260 today. RO pure is 0 and waste is 470.

@doug atkinson I have quite poor water pressure, about 30psi, and the pumped 200gpd is producing a litre of pure in just over a minute (just under 1:02 I think was on the timer).

Some of the blue water sailing yachts have on board water makers which are basically salt water desalinizes. They use much smaller diamt r/o membranes and housings and they have pumps driven by electric motors that deliver 600psi pressure.
I met a SA chap at one of the rugby internationals and this was his line of work supplying yachts and luxury boats with sea water membranes. Very good money in it.

Small update for anyone who’s interested. My tap water is 260 today. RO pure is 0 and waste is 470.

@doug atkinson I have quite poor water pressure, about 30psi, and the pumped 200gpd is producing a litre of pure in just over a minute (just under 1:02 I think was on the timer).
200 GPD is around 31 litres an hour so 1 litre/ minute this is excessive. Your waste reading is very high normally about 40% above input. The pump may be over forcing the membrane so you could end up with membrane failure soon. Your ppm going into your resin you may find that to be high so will exhaust your resin very quick.

200 GPD is around 31 litres an hour so 1 litre/ minute this is excessive. Your waste reading is very high normally about 40% above input. The pump may be over forcing the membrane so you could end up with membrane failure soon. Your ppm going into your resin you may find that to be high so will exhaust your resin very quick.
@doug atkinson thanks. I don’t turn the tap on fully opened - I assumed that as long as it was on as normal it wouldn’t make much difference to the pump. Should I turn the tap down or is it just the pump being too powerful? I don’t mind turning the pump off, I just wondered if it might then be too slow with my bad water pressure.

Latest Posts

Back