Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO Recommendations (again)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think the avarage sole trader doing a decent days work needs 500-650 ltr per day on compact work , we work two guys per van and use 900-1000 per day on domestic and up to 1500 ltr on commercial and fill whilst working , I know some will say they work all day with less than 350 ltr I don’t know what they are doing but we couldn’t do the work we do with less water 
What are you doing with all that water ? I can  easily do 20-30 jobs a day with 350ltrs obviously varying days and size of jobs etc determine how many jobs I get through some days I have houses that take me an hour to clean, if I am on a good compact run 30 3-4 bed detached houses with a few van moves is an easy do, there are some days were an extra 50ltrs would be good but not often

What are you doing with all that water ? I can  easily do 20-30 jobs a day with 350ltrs obviously varying days and size of jobs etc determine how many jobs I get through some days I have houses that take me an hour to clean, if I am on a good compact run 30 3-4 bed detached houses with a few van moves is an easy do, there are some days were an extra 50ltrs would be good but not often
Im with you Iron Giant. Water management is a skill. Can’t believe some people run there pumps flat out. Never had any need to ever come anywhere near half speed let alone full speed. Think it’s a confidence thing. I must flood the windows, I must flood the windows. ??

Im with you Iron Giant. Water management is a skill. Can’t believe some people run there pumps flat out. Never had any need to ever come anywhere near half speed let alone full speed. Think it’s a confidence thing. I must flood the windows, I must flood the windows. ??
For me it's for speed.

High flow and rinse on the glass = quicker working.

I have a good flow rate with 1.4mm pencil jets and now also 50 degree fan jets no skimping with water I just work like a demon, apart from now while it's blowing 30mph winds 

I have a good flow rate with 1.4mm pencil jets and now also 50 degree fan jets no skimping with water I just work like a demon, apart from now while it's blowing 30mph winds 
Bit windy today. 

Just finished until Tuesday.. 

Got to wire up my new cctv camera that covers my van parking area round the back to the rest of them already on the house then beer time.

Bit windy today. 

Got to wire up my new cctv camera that covers my van parking area round the back to the rest of them already on the house then beer time.
Not been out today, had a hectic week with a few days in London and two blocks of 4 floor flats that wanted all windows and fascia doing yesterday, good job we did it yesterday as I doubt we could've done 35' work today. Earned enough money to have a long weekend off.

Bit windy today. 

Gusting up to 48mph up here I had no choice but to knock off windows would have been a mess, did a spell down the allotment and made sure me polytunnel was still in tact, on my second Hobgoblin ?

Gusting up to 48mph up here I had no choice but to knock off windows would have been a mess, did a spell down the allotment and made sure me polytunnel was still in tact, on my second Hobgoblin ?
Love a hobgoblin.   Got some in the fridge and 1 in the freezer at the moment. 

Hobgoblin ipa is nice also.

Love a hobgoblin.   Got some in the fridge and 1 in the freezer at the moment. 

Hobgoblin ipa is nice also.
Apologies, apologies, apologies I had meant to reply to this before now, yup the IPA is a nice session beer, my wife has been going shopping so just comes back with 12 cans of the ruby, I need to venture out and get some different beers tomorrow for a bit of variation I usually just go to the co-op about 8am and grab Guinness and some punk ipa, need to go to B&M's for some cheaper prices and a bit more choice for me money 

Apologies, apologies, apologies I had meant to reply to this before now, yup the IPA is a nice session beer, my wife has been going shopping so just comes back with 12 cans of the ruby, I need to venture out and get some different beers tomorrow for a bit of variation I usually just go to the co-op about 8am and grab Guinness and some punk ipa, need to go to B&M's for some cheaper prices and a bit more choice for me money 
I'm making some lockdown wine now lol.

Cranberry juice, orange juice and some stewed tea.

Will me perfect in a couple of weeks.

Should come out about 14%.

Got 5l in a fermentation bucket. 

Hobgoblin ipa and a kinggoblin tonight.

I do love wychwood beers.

Last edited by a moderator:

We have thought making home brew before but just not got round to it, might set up something down the allotment were I'll have more space with a big shed but that will next year. 

I used to be a big fan of the Badger ales put try to work my way through any new beers I see on the shelf, like a bucket list ?

We have thought making home brew before but just not got round to it, might set up something down the allotment were I'll have more space with a big shed but that will next year. 

I used to be a big fan of the Badger ales put try to work my way through any new beers I see on the shelf, like a bucket list ?
Ahh! Badger Tanglefoot. A favourite of mine. ???

@Den have you seen all the plonkies on this site, good job Pro Green doesn't get on as much ?

@Den have you seen all the plonkies on this site, good job Pro Green doesn't get on as much ?
Haha! I've never been a big drinker. Four beers in a week would be a heavy week for me. No bragging rights for me here. But I like a nice real ale. ??

Last edited by a moderator:

I used to brew some fine beers when I lived in the west of Ireland 8 or 10 years ago. The selection in the pubs was pitiful. No Guinness Original Bottled, only draught. Harp Lager and shy te like that. The beers I brewed from kits would eat them for breakfast. Woodford's Black Pearl Stout was as good as the original Guinness, Edme Super Brew Gold was a delightful IPA and Woodford's Nelson's Revenge was a first class best bitter.

No claim to fame for me. All I had to do was follow the instructions and keep everything clean. I bottled them all so they would keep longer. Not being a big drinker. My home brew kit is still in Ireland. Might bring it back next visit and brew some more. ??

:

Mates dad taught me how to brew beer when I was a lad.

He made a wicked real ale that we called zombie.

2 pints and still stone cold sober but can feel the beer attacking your tooth enamel lol.

Stand up to go pour a third and you will go all jelly legs and feel slaughtered. 

Used to make it in a big plastic barrel with a tap so we could just pour away.

I used to brew some fine beers when I lived in the west of Ireland 8 or 10 years ago. The selection in the pubs was pitiful. No Guinness Original Bottled, only draught. Harp Lager and shy te like that. The beers I brewed from kits would eat them for breakfast. Woodford's Black Pearl Stout was as good as the original Guinness, Edme Super Brew Gold was a delightful IPA and Woodford's Nelson's Revenge was a first class best bitter.

No claim to fame for me. All I had to do was follow the instructions and keep everything clean. I bottled them all so they would keep longer. Not being a big drinker. My home brew kit is still in Ireland. Might bring it back next visit and brew some more. ??

:
You a paddie too Davy?

I'm half Irish so know how to drink lol.

Mates dad taught me how to brew beer when I was a lad.

He made a wicked real ale that we called zombie.

2 pints and still stone cold sober but can feel the beer attacking your tooth enamel lol.

Stand up to go pour a third and you will go all jelly legs and feel slaughtered. 

Used to make it in a big plastic barrel with a tap so we could just pour away.

You a paddie too Davy?

I'm half Irish so know how to drink lol.
Mum and dad grew up three miles from each other in County Clare. Married and settled in North London in the early 1950s.. I chipped my way out of the egg in Park Royal Hospital in 56. So I'm Irish by bloodline, English by birth. Never been a big drinker but when I was younger I was known by my boss on the pipelines as "Dave with the  the appetite". I was the smallest guy in the gang but I could eat two full size pub meals. There was only one guy could eat more than me. Big Pat Boyce, from Donegal, He was the image of Desperate Dan from the comics.

A girlfriend twenty years ago was astounded by my appetite. I said to her "I'm Irish by descent. There was a potato famine in 1840s. It's still in my genetic memory. I can never be more than four hours from a spud." ?

I used to really enjoy Tanglefoot never had any for ages also Poachers Choice I think it used to be called but now called The Cranborne Poacher they only sell it in the big supermarkets, which isn't somewhere I go as don't like people and more so now queues 2 people is big queue to me ?

Mum and dad grew up three miles from each other in County Clare. 

My Father retired to a house right on the outskirts of Ennis and lived there for over 10 years before he came home.
Ennis is the county town of Clare. Not a bad place to live, I'd have thought. But I would want family and friends around me.

Ennis is the county town of Clare. Not a bad place to live, I'd have thought. But I would want family and friends around me.
He was a self centred miserable old barsteward, I only went once to see him when my Mother thought he was dying and it was his 70th Birthday. The ban on smoking had just come into effect, in Eire not the UK, and it was so strange seeing everyone huddled outside in the rain smoking.

Back