Ro System Waste Water. Huge Water Bills.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by andyc, Mar 13, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. andyc

andyc Member

Hi guys anyone had a high water bill due to pure water making.
    my first 6 months using a water fed pole my bill increased by Another £166 For 6 months. Not to bad i guess except since rhen ive picked up lors more work so i reckon that will double £320 every six months just for pure water not taking into account my everday usage. Anyone else havw a water bill to share?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Not here, been on water meter for 2 years now and still not seen a diffrence in our water bill, for every 1000lt pure made I put 2000lts back down drain, only costs about £9 per 1000lt pure even with the waste.

For the amount of money you can make with that 1000lts there's nothing to worry about. just one house covers the cost of the water!

3. JDMW

JDMW Guru

ever thought about rain water harvesting, i do this and the water is normally below 9ppm

4. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

The above idea is a cracker, i must look into that :D

5. JDMW

JDMW Guru

quite simple really, my shed which i built myself has perspex roofing so i can see the sky. the water runs off that into some guttering i put on the side and into my 600L tank in the shed, but before all of that theres a tub with lots of fishtank filters etc in it to stop the bits getting inside. a few j clothes aswell for the find bits. in a typical rainy day i can get 25L over xmas i forgot bout the tank and went into my shed full of floods. had to dump half the water. but im dry now and bk to the ro unit. friday will be good coz its forecast wet weather.

6. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

If you spend well on a good RO system ie 2 x 4040 inline, you`ll have nearly no waste. theres one x 4040 on ebay now for 100 buy it now and a brand new one is 365, so for 465 you`ll have a system that will produce nearly no waste water. And RO water at a rapid rate of knots

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Got to have a lot of storage to keep rain water for everyday use, i can use upto 400lts daily, 2000lts a week. That's a lot of rain to keep that up,
    Great for people that don't use much.

8. JDMW

JDMW Guru

its all about saving water i think. i used to use 18L on a typical home but now i use rain water i just squirt the glass scrub and rinse, i can use 8-10L on a typical home now.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. OoO

OoO Guest

Why nearly no waste? Not questioning it, i want to learn. We need to go 40/40

10. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

I don`t like the sound of this technique...

I like high flow and warm water for best results wfp.......

Advertisement