Ro System

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Posh, Aug 29, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

Gotta little ro system to help with my pure water. It has a little di on it. It also has a tap for waste water which I will save for my trading. My question is when I am filling up my backpack/25 litre drum it will go through my ro & then through my 4.5 litre di. Do I have the waste tap open while filling up these or do you let it out at the end.

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Leave the waste tap open on the r o

3. Posh

Posh Hero

Cheers mate. I thought that but wanted to make sure.

4. chip

chip Guru

Yes have it open or the membranes will have to work a lot harder, shortening their life and I expect giving a higher tds after ro, making the resin work harder and wear out quicker. I noticed the other day tat my waste water is getting on for double the tap water. I reckon, if when you change membranes, there may be a way of reducing the waste by intricately hooking the old up to the waste and then going through the new, but haven't thought it through yet!

5. Posh

Posh Hero

Phew! Bit technical for me. I'm still trying to work out where the hoses go lol. Thanks for that tho.

Advertisement