Roof job today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Donny, Jan 24, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Nice slate clean we done today, 7 hours job and finish, came up a treat, no chems , just straight turbo nozzle clean, house had nice handy dormors and flat roofs , one happy customer, 2 happy cleaners ching ching
    goathill crescent 002 (Copy).JPG goathill crescent 003 (Copy).JPG goathill crescent 004 (Copy).JPG goathill crescent 009 (Copy).JPG goathill crescent 012 (Copy).JPG goathill crescent 011 (Copy).JPG

Advertisement
  2. Midlands_Cleaners

Midlands_Cleaners Active Member

u got the after pics aswell mate ..... lol jokes looking good

3. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Job looks clean mate.

Is that a pressure washer? or just a low power washer. I've heard mixed reactions on pressure washer on roofs. Some say it gets under tiles and can cause leeks.

I have one customer who has a conservatory roof who had it power washed (before I did job) and it got into the joints and in the panels. I know its a different case to tiles but when I clean roof tiles its normally just use the old scraping method.

I suppose if ur working from top and working down then there is less chance of causing any damage.

Nice job mate.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Now the stone work looks like it needs a good clean too;)

5. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Stone work was mentioned too her Smurf , I cleaned the copes on the front off house when we did the roof , harder too tell in the fading light and the house still wet but came up a treat, Barney its a 13hp Honda with an Interpump running a turbo nozzle on the lance set pressure at 1500 psi for slate, ive been power washing slate and tile for 8 years now and not once had water get into a house, roofs in Scotland have too be sheeted with ply then felted then slate or tile on top so little chance off leaks unless your a complete **** with the lance, and obviously you always start at top and work down I know building regs in England are less strict, if im cleaning a conny I use my hot washer at low pressure and a 35 degree nozzle so its nice and soft jet, never had any issues either, got 7 roofs booked up already and another 6 we cleaned last year tae paint and seal , busy times ahead.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nice one ;)

7. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

well done donny gd job

8. Tattooed window cleaner

Tattooed window cleaner Active Member

I been asked to do a couple o theses in the past,I done the odd roofing jobs,chimney point/removal new ridge tiles n stuff
    Is it worth the outlay for the reward,don't want to know what you charge mate.that for you n your wallet ;)
    Just curious
    Is it standard pressure wash n petrol genny
    Just picking ya brains ta

9. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

I never do a roof for less than £250 per day,(slate) tile is harder so charge abour £300 per day for that, vary your price a wee bit higher for dirty roofs, its a Honda 13hp with an Interpump, costs about a grand inc the nozzles etc, for roof work make sure you use a return too tank unloader valve on the pump.

10. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Thought youd like a pic off the roof now its dry, dove past the day and clicked it.
    brake lines 010 (Copy).JPG

Advertisement