Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rotation cuff injury

WCF

Help Support WCF:

darryn71

hi busy waiting for a hospital appointment for a ultra sound scan on my left shoulder
Doctor said its a rotation cuff injury
taking pain killers but not helping
2nd option steroid injection
3rd operation
Any you lads had same injury
aged 53 now

I tore my rotator cuff, slipped over walking the dog on Christmas day morning and no alcohol involved. Waited 9 months for the womderful NHS to bother getting round to operate on me.
3 months of painful self done exercises and now right as rain.
I think I was about 50 when this happened to me. Still going strong with no problems.

hi busy waiting for a hospital appointment for a ultra sound scan on my left shoulder
Doctor said its a rotation cuff injury
taking pain killers but not helping
2nd option steroid injection
3rd operation
Any you lads had same injury
aged 53 now

I'm 52 and no shoulder injuries and lift weights 3 times a week and have done for years.

How have you torn your rota cuff?

I know so many gym guys that have done similar over the years,usually by barbell bench pressing ridiculously heavy weight.

It's a nightmare injury esp for WFP window cleaning...

You need xtreme poles and brushes and take it easy....☹️☹️

I didn’t tear mine but badly damaged it doing high level pole work.
it’s an injury that takes time.

I went to see a physio who managed to sort it in the end.

I‘m currently seeing him for a separate injury and found physio take time but he Does seem to put me back together.

I now only use extreme poles and found this also helped.

Thought I'd already replied to this, but obv. not!

I'm working with a persistent Rotator Cuff impingement. Sometimes it's agony, others it's barely noticable. What I'd say is:

1) Stretch it out regularly - open up your pecs by spreading your arms out and pushing forward while they're on the wall in a doorway (I hope that makes sense). Also stand up straight, lean your head to the opposite side and stretch your arm down towards the floor with your fingers extended and straight. You'll DEFINITELY feel that.
2) Learn about the anatomy of the shoulder a little. Then you'll understand better why damage happens (the arm is held in place purely by muscle, not a socket, so it can easily become misaligned).
3) Use correct posture. Learn to place your shoulder blades back and down, rather than the hunching shape we get used to with sitting so much these days. Also, try to minimise working with your elbows above shoulder height.

Those are my experiences and observations, hope it helps. It's a nightmare.

Back