Rubber Window Seal...

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Lewis90, Aug 21, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Lewis90

Lewis90 Member

Hi. This question has probably been asked a lot of times but... When drying the windows and whites my cloth is getting covered in black window seal and smudges onto the white of the window. Is there anything I can do to prevent this and anything that will remove the smudges?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Either dodge it, or if you have time, some ubik 2000 de greaser or similar will stop the black run off.

Some light solvent cleaner will remove the black marks on plastic, do not go near the rubber unless it has been cleaned with the ubik or you`ll get into a mess

3. Lewis90

Lewis90 Member

Cheers ill get some ordered

Thankyou

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

OR go round it with an old micro give it a good rub, clean the window and it shouldn't be as bad now. Carry a magic sponge in case any gets on frame and by third clean it won't happen again. Job done no chems needed.

5. Lewis90

Lewis90 Member

Cheers dodger ill give it ago then before I try the ubik.

Cheers

L.Stokes Traditional Window Cleaner

Advertisement