Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Exceed Tubeless kit + Univalve Q...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Trev81

Ok, so I'm looking to go Gardiner poles in the very near future, currently been a all Xline pole guy, one thing I was looking to do to all my new poles is rig them up with the tubeless kit along with univalve or similar as I know Gardiner are about to release something of there own…?

One thing that bothers me after watching the video on utube on how to rig it up, I understand you get a long length of hose in the stage 1 and 2 kit that winds on to the hose reel that has the rubber connector on the end to connect to the tubeless pole, then the univalve in the pole etc which is all good for turning water on/off when connected, and straight forward to rig up...

My Q is when you disconnect at the bottom of the pole after finishing job what stops the water coming out? Or does using this system mean you have to turn your pump off after each clean? If so that seems a waste of time for me, as currently I use a inline tap which obv I can't if switching to this method

If somebody could help us out that be great as never used anything like this before

If you left it connected then the pole wouldn't be tubeless, I was planning to use this to be able to have the pole with no tube hanging out of it to then be stored on the outside of the van when going job to job, then having hose reels with underfloor rollers on, so get to job and mostly not needing to open van up, grab pole, reach under for hose and walk to window and connect and away you go, but it just seems from the kit that this can't be done unless you turn off pump controller after each job, and even then I'd think water would drip out of the connecter attached to the main hose reel as there would be 100 metres of hose with water still in it, unless the connecter is non return until connected?

Must be a way to be able to do this, just can't figure it out yet..

What are the guys that are using it currently doing ??

I been using a jg connector for the tubeless side of things.

I have 40 meters of exceed blue pole hose on reel with a tap connected to minibore hose.

When I disconnect the pole I just turn the tap off on the reel. No water leeks from either side. Suppose you would still need to open van door but you can keep pump on.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Thats one idea I guess using a inline tap up the line, but would jam/snag as it was reeled out through the rollers I think.

Thats one idea I guess using a inline tap up the line, but would jam/snag as it was reeled out through the rollers I think.
I just set the tap too one side of the reel to ensure nothing snags on it. The tap very rarely leaves the reel as I have put it 40 meters in. I suppose you could put it where you wish on the hose and just make sure it's set to the side of the reel and just turn the tap on and off

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

It has a rectus fitting inside the connector so no water comes out, bare in mind if you ever add a section onto your gardiner pole it's fks things up for it, my connector catches on the end cap of the pole and releases the connector. I had to cut the hole bigger in my end cap.

The kit comes with an ejector sleeve which designed to be used with the Rectus 21 type fitting. As this is a waterstop type fitting this should work for you. Using this fitting I seldom turn my controller off when I disconnect at the pole till I'm finished for the morning/day. Mind you I use a trolley so if I spring a leak I can see it straight away whereas if your system sprung a leak whilst you were driving between jobs you'd have a van full of water so I would have thought turning your controller off would have been a good idea.

I do keep spare fittings on board just in case of failures.

It has a rectus fitting inside the connector so no water comes out, bare in mind if you ever add a section onto your gardiner pole it's fks things up for it, my connector catches on the end cap of the pole and releases the connector. I had to cut the hole bigger in my end cap.
I had to open up my end caps a bit too. But it was worth the effort to fit. For me anyway.

Latest Posts

Back