Sciatica and Work

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Marko067, Mar 23, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

Trapped my sciatic nerve on Friday. Boy, other than kidney stones I've never experienced such chronic pain. My left leg has been almost completely useless for the last few days. Anyone else on here experienced this and how do you deal with it. Anything you have done to speed recovery? The way it's going it looks like its going to cost me about a week off. It was driving me nuts sitting here yesterday unable to work and a gorgeous day outside.

Advertisement
  2. Reach For The Glass

Reach For The Glass Well-Known Member

Acupuncture mate.

100% that will sort it out.

3. JClean

JClean Member

I had a prolapsed disc and sciatica two years ago and the pain I wouldn't wish on anyone!
    I did yoga and have to say it speeded up my recovery time no end.
    I was numb for at least two weeks in my left leg down to my toes, but through stretching gradually reduced the pain.
    My Physio said to get moving as quick as possible , so I went for short walks every day.
    Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

4. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I had eight weeks off work with sciatica about three years ago. I was working in a warehouse loading and unloading lorrys at the time. Lots of rest, gentle exercise and physio is what sorted me out. I still get the odd twinge and driving long distances sets it off but it doesn't give me much grief these days. I'd get to a physio asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

5. marc674

marc674 Newcomer

Have had sciatica a few times and is not nice the best thing you can do is find a good private physiotherapist who can assess you and give you correct exercises that can help the problem. A good book that I found was Robin Mckenzie 'Treat your own back' some exercises from that book can also be found on youtube but it is really best to get professional advice as doing the wrong exercise can do more harm. Ibroprofen can also help

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Ibuprofen codeine and strong beer
    You'll be fine
    Works for me

7. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I suffer with it
    Nothing at all then it will just come on and carnt even get shoes on
    But like daveyboy said painkillers and soldier on
    Never let it stop me and there's days when I carnt even push clutch pedal down but still manage gym

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

That's how i am with it Stevie
    I get it after doing days of conny roofs usually ..think it's something to do with being perched at funny angles on my ladders
    I still manage the gym but not good when you feel like you've hammered the squats before you even get in there

9. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. Have been to osteopath on Monday. Recons my back was worse than he's ever seen it. Think it all began when I slipped on a wet porch step bout six weeks ago. Should have gone to the osteopath then really and not put it off. There is some improvement today thankfully.

10. chris clean

chris clean Active Member

Hope it gets better soon Marko.. I would agree with the person suggesting accupuncture. I had bad neck after car accident and physio suggested it to try and loosen up muscles and it was worth every penny

Advertisement