Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Screwfix No Nonsense Degreaser

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TerryNorfolk

I cleaned a job today after reading about No Nonsense. The fascia's were dark Blue/Grey and I got some dis-colourisation. Does anyone know if there is anything to fix this or will it be a board replace? Also is No Nonsense Degreaser no good for fascia's? It was south facing so only left on for a 1 min and rinsed with tap water then purified. Thanking you.

Thanks for your replies, it was above the garage and there was an extra bit of fascia board, the solution must of got caught underneath and dripped down after, will check out Unger rub out, in my head I was thinking t-Cut but was not sure.

Screwfix degreaser is now a different chemical compared to what it used to be. I think it's been changed within the last 10 months, maybe less than that. I used to really like the old stuff and never had any issues with it. The new stuff I think is a stronger chemical and I think it makes the whites whiter, I've used it a few times on conservatory roofs now and it seems more powerful than the old stuff.

The new stuff smells like stripper that you use to strip polish from vynl floors before cleaning and re-sealing them. I wouldn't be surprised if you tried it on a polished floor that it would remove the polish.

I cleaned a job today after reading about No Nonsense. The fascia's were dark Blue/Grey and I got some dis-colourisation. Does anyone know if there is anything to fix this or will it be a board replace? Also is No Nonsense Degreaser no good for fascia's? It was south facing so only left on for a 1 min and rinsed with tap water then purified. Thanking you.
What dilution rate did you use ?

Screwfix degreaser is now a different chemical compared to what it used to be. I think it's been changed within the last 10 months, maybe less than that. I used to really like the old stuff and never had any issues with it. The new stuff I think is a stronger chemical and I think it makes the whites whiter, I've used it a few times on conservatory roofs now and it seems more powerful than the old stuff.

The new stuff smells like stripper that you use to strip polish from vynl floors before cleaning and re-sealing them. I wouldn't be surprised if you tried it on a polished floor that it would remove the polish.
Thats interesting. I have a bottle of the new stuff in my van ready to use once I have finished up my bottle of the old stuff. Will tread carefully!

That is interesting

The product contains sodium hydroxide (lye or caustic soda). In the motor industry, new cars come with a wax coating, which they used caustic TRF to remove. The instruction was to only use it when the weather was cool and not in the sunlight. It was sprayed on and immediately washed off.

If not washed off immediately, it would damage the paintwork.

The first conservatory I every washed was with caustic TFR. I spent 2 days removing the yellow stain on the UPVC as I left the TFR on too long. I used Astonish paste. Never used it again.

Over the years we have found using Fairy Liquid, Cif Cream and The Pink Stuff all we need to clean fascias, soffits and gutters. I still do have some remains of a degreaser on the van in a 5 litre container, but didn't find it did a better than what we use now.

Thats interesting. I have a bottle of the new stuff in my van ready to use once I have finished up my bottle of the old stuff. Will tread carefully!
Yeah going off what Terry's experience with it, it would be wise. For me I've only done old pvc with it so it's just made it whiter and no chance of damage... but hearing what Terry says I think pvc that still has the shine (the shiny stuff) I'll be extra careful.

Think I might look at getting something else that's manufactured for the intended purpose, just in case...

The product contains sodium hydroxide (lye or caustic soda). In the motor industry, new cars come with a wax coating, which they used caustic TRF to remove. The instruction was to only use it when the weather was cool and not in the sunlight. It was sprayed on and immediately washed off.

The first conservatory I every washed was with caustic TFR. I spent 2 days removing the yellow stain on the UPVC as I left the TFR on too long. I used Astonish paste. Never used it again.

Over the years we have found using Fairy Liquid, Cif Cream and The Pink Stuff all we need to clean fascias, soffits and gutters. I still do have some remains of a degreaser on the van in a 5 litre container, but didn't find it did a better than what we use now.
Thanks Spruce, that is good advice.

Yeah going off what Terry's experience with it, it would be wise. For me I've only done old pvc with it so it's just made it whiter and no chance of damage... but hearing what Terry says I think pvc that still has the shine (the shiny stuff) I'll be extra careful.

Think I might look at getting something else that's manufactured for the intended purpose, just in case...
Not sure if I've bought any of the new formula No Nonsense but never had problems like you say with the older stuff that I've used over the last 7 years. I currently still have a batch of RazrWash from Black Friday stock up and using it yesterday in the heat was no problems even near for spot cleaning after the initial diluted spray on and wash off.

Pretty similar to Virosol even the smell so probably made by Clover and rebadged by WCW. Only buy it on black Friday deals as expensive but screwfix is going that price now but still get 20% on screwfix app every so often so stick up then.

I'll try a new bottle of No Nonsense and compare as a few FSGs booked in over the coming weeks.

If memory serves me, we could buy 2 types of TFR, caustic and non-caustic. You can still buy both, but I don't know how the non-caustic stuff works.
Very well if you follow the instructions, a bit like all chemicals. Used it countless times without a problem.
We now however just use cheap household bleach, does a better job at a fraction of the cost

I use sodium hydroxide for oven cleaning. It's like napalm on grease

Back