Sealskinz Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Gmeister, Nov 27, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Product Name: Sealskin Gloves

Where to get it: www.amazon.co.uk

Your rating out of 10: 8

Review:

I Was window cleaning this morning was freezing(I thoughtso lol I am skinny haha)
    I was cold while on the ladder, but moving from house to house seemed fine.

My hands were getting cold and numb especially holding a sqeegee(I have the S type not that the rubber on it made any difference as the handle was still cold!)

Went home for lunch, and picked up my gloves, wasnt sure about using these as alot on this forum said its hard to detail and it is lol!

But kept my hands warmer, and even though they were getting damp from water in bucket/detailing, my hands and fingers were not getting wet!

Today was the first time I wore them, for working, I have warn them before, there good at what they do, ifs its really cold then eventually you will feel it, but then again they are not made for artic weather, classed at level 2(level 5 for artic weather)

RRP at around £30 to £45(you get different kinds) I got the normal ones with grips on them. For something between £15 - £22 on Amazon!

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

Nice review :D

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Nice to know G, good review mate.

4. harunh

harunh Legend

good review mate

5. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

I use sealskinz, be really carefull taking them on and off as the waterproof lining in them is pretty thin - about as thin as a plastic bag. I've cut the fingertips off mine too as over time they get frayed and rip up a bit - I've noticed sealskinz now do some 'cut resistant' ones so I might try them next time I buy a pair and see if they are more resiliant.

But yeah they're good, and warm!

6. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I have had my sealskinz for about a year now and they are starting to wear quite badly on some of the finger ends. That said, I dont think they are made for this kind of work . They are excellent for detailing work and do help to keep your hands warm and dry. Just dont expect them to last for years. As Kips said, they also do a heavy duty version. I will be ordering some of those in the next couple of weeks.
    Oh!...I also brought some silk glove liners off of ammazon the other week...very good for wearing under your sealskinz, though quite delicate.

7. A.K WINDOWS

i just wear normal work gloves my hands dont get wet as i use a spray bottle and never really need to detail now,only wear gloves this timeof year as the ladders are mega cold!!

will have to see if i can borrow smurfs wooden ladder :lol:

[​IMG]

8. Squeak and Bubbles

9. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

I can say after a long tough season, these sealskins have served me well!

They are starting to fall apart with holes in them, and fraying apart.

But am not worried, should soon be warming up, and can throw these gloves away, by the time it starts getting cold again will have to order another pair.

10. harunh

harunh Legend

to late for me to buy gloves now :p lol

Advertisement