Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Self employed rates

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Alpha

Hi guys, I'd like to firstly say hi to you all as I'm new on here so HI ALL!!

I work for a small firm and would like to know your individual opinions on my situation please.

I work self employed on a % of what I clean basis. I get a company van supplied to me that im allowed to use on some weekends to do my own work. There is £600+ available for me and my colleague to clean a day if we can manage it however on a typical day we clean around £450.

What % rate would you guys seem was a fair deal for me to be receiving? It's based on what I clean with my colleague which is doubled if he has a day of and I'm working alone.

I'm pretty happy with my situation Id just like to know what it compares to others as this is first time self-employed

Thanks tuffers but try telling my boss that!!

Wow 75% that's alot more than I get I'm geussing they would be using their own equipment/van

Thanks tuffers but try telling my boss that!!
Wow 75% that's alot more than I get I'm geussing they would be using their own equipment/van
Yes, one is trad and one has forked out for a fully kitted out WFP van. They do their own collecting too.

Before i subbed work i got 10 quid an hour based on 20 quid an hours work so 50% and that was my own motor and trad equipment

When i left and went back subbing off him when he was busy i gave him 20% at the end of the week

How the hell do you clean £ 450 worth of work in a day ,, Christ I must be the slowest windie going around .....

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like my dad alpha...i did start out working for him....now that was hard work..and guess who lives in the big house and who lives in the poor house..../emoticons/biggrin.png

Forgot to say welcome to the party ,,,, so if he provides the van and the custies are you not an employee .....

Not fancy working for yourself if you can make that sort of coin

Thanks natty!

Yep that's always the way it goes cnc. Yeah I pretty much am treated as an employee but am self employed. i am slowly gaining my own but of work on the side but am not ready to go solo so better to stick with the devil I know for a few years till I'm completely ready to sail away

I used to do 2 days work daily at one point when subbing as another guy was subbing also and we decided it would be safer during winter to do it between us

he would get his work and me mine and we would crack on together

roughly 180-200 quid each a day at under a tenner average per job

bloody hard work

Then he started going sick so i binned that idea off

And that was trad

And we never missed the frosted bathroom windows to save time honest

boar city is the man to give you advice also it will be interesting to here what he says

must say your getting through some work mate.

there wont be many WC getting through that graft imagine being selfemployed doing your own work your going to make some coin

Get out on your own me old fruit and start raking it in

You.can work at an easier pace and earn a lot more

Hi and welcome, if your earning £100 a day with everything supplied I think that's a good deal any less I'd find my own work

Thanks natty!
Yep that's always the way it goes cnc. Yeah I pretty much am treated as an employee but am self employed. i am slowly gaining my own but of work on the side but am not ready to go solo so better to stick with the devil I know for a few years till I'm completely ready to sail away
getting your own work on the side eh- id sack u on the spot if i heard you gained any [to do later] in the time i was paying you . what about loyalty .

getting your own work on the side eh- id sack u on the spot if i heard you gained any [to do later] in the time i was paying you . what about loyalty .
Good job he don't work for you lol, know what you mean , sack and a slap sounds better but in sure he is getting his own work at weekends lol

Boar if you are self employed you can do your own work on the side

I had this argument with the guy i subbed off

I never took a custy who asked me while i was on the job for him they were his and i never did any pj's on his time

But fair play if you want to earn in your own time

The only sticky point is who's equipment are you using

I used my own so up to me but i was always up front about what i was doing even when i wasn't subbing and he was employing me

Back