Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SH Driveway clean?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have caused some delamination on Indian sandstone in the past with low ish pressure as the water only needs to catch it at the right angle and it peels up like old fashioned slate
I class my cleaning as softwash most of the time as the pressure washer is mainly for rinsing or using the xjet
Stubborn small oil stains can be removed using petrol and a mapgas blowtorch
Wet the stain with petrol and let it soak for a minute or two then burn the oil out and then clean as usual with no nonsense etc afterwards
I have done the same using methylated spirits then Virosol and pressure wash .

Was chatting to a wc this morning funny enough he was say he charges between £15 and £20 ph he uses a karcher ?‍♂️ sometimes wander how i even get any pressure washing with people like that working in
I have caused some delamination on Indian sandstone in the past with low ish pressure as the water only needs to catch it at the right angle and it peels up like old fashioned slate
I class my cleaning as softwash most of the time as the pressure washer is mainly for rinsing or using the xjet
Wet the stain with petrol and let it soak for a minute or two then burn the oil out and then clean as usual with no nonsense etc afterwards

Thought that was just me. Used that a few times at home but only ever once at a clients. Grease spots from their kids takeaway pizzas dropped onto Kandla Indian Sandstone. Got about 80% of it out. ?

Might try that with my roof torch. Hope I don't crack the blocks. I will try a test patch first to see how I get on.

Latest Posts

Back