Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shop Problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Korey

Okay, I've got a row of shops and each one gets done weekly, well except from one who is bi-weekly, I went in to him today and said I'll do it every week for the same price (I know I could have done it and not charged but wanted him to know what I was doing)

He started haggling me down and eventually tried to offer £1.50 a week to do his windows, I told him to shove it, it was originally at £4 every 2 weeks, I know it's not much of a drop but I just don't like doing the same job for less money

Point I'm asking, is was that a smart move or was it a big mistake?

Personally if you agree a price and frequency and you are happy with it I’d stick with it. If the customer wants a more regular clean going forward then that negotiation becomes easier.

Okay, I've got a row of shops and each one gets done weekly, well except from one who is bi-weekly, I went in to him today and said I'll do it every week for the same price (I know I could have done it and not charged but wanted him to know what I was doing)

He started haggling me down and eventually tried to offer £1.50 a week to do his windows, I told him to shove it, it was originally at £4 every 2 weeks, I know it's not much of a drop but I just don't like doing the same job for less money

chemists are good shops to clean. The cleaner did the outside and came in for the money and they gave him £12 not sure if its weekly or monthly.

Personally I wouldn't clean shops in the first place.in fact I turned down one the other week right next to a 6 weekly office block I clean...it was only 2 windows.not worth bothering with IMO....and certainly not weekly.id hate that!

Personally I would've left it as it was but in the circumstances, yeah you were right to tell him to shove it. It's not like his £2 a week is going to affect you, and hope he doesn't get the other shops on side

Personally I wouldn't clean shops in the first place.in fact I turned down one the other week right next to a 6 weekly office block I clean...it was only 2 windows.not worth bothering with IMO....and certainly not weekly.id hate that!
Well, I have a different approach.
I was asked to do a shop front for £10.00 every week when I pass, which I took up.
This cheap job lead to me being approached after being seen by area manager from a KFC large outlet drive through to clean inside and out weekly, which has now lead to getting the Starbucks inside and out 2 weekly.
So..... Just go's to prove little jobs can lead to rather a lot.
Well that's my spin on it as that's what's happened to me in 6 weeks.

Well, I have a different approach.
I was asked to do a shop front for £10.00 every week when I pass, which I took up.
This cheap job lead to me being approached after being seen by area manager from a KFC large outlet drive through to clean inside and out weekly, which has now lead to getting the Starbucks inside and out 2 weekly.
So..... Just go's to prove little jobs can lead to rather a lot.
Well that's my spin on it as that's what's happened to me in 6 weeks.
This is where newbies and established differ, a newbie should, within reason, always take jobs offered to them. However for the established taking on weekly work would not suit the vast majority, unless this is their type of work.
We had 2 pubs that were done fortnightly, before Covid, when things returned to "normal" we stopped doing one that still wanted fortnightly and changed the other to monthly. Costs us £80 a month on turnover but doing fortnightly jobs for us would now be a pain to schedule.

Back