Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I don't understand the van systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matthew Phillips

Hello everyone, I've been looking at Gardiner's and Grippatank websites.

You have the 1A, 3C, etc etc. I can see the different size tanks have a lot to do with it but to be honest I don't understand what it is I'm looking at.

I may still build 1 myself but I would like to know what these different systems are.

Basically all I want is a system in my van, that I can plug into my tap and fill up after work for the next day. Is this possible? Where does the waste water go? Should I line the inside of my van with ply wood first? But the biggest question is about the waste water!

These sites though good for products but they expect you to know all about van systems which I don't so any help will be very much appreciated.

Matt

If you are using DI (resin only) there is no waste and overall it is a lot more expensive to produce pure.

If you are using RO (reverse osmosis) the expensive part of most set ups there is a waste outlet on the vessel that will pipe away the waste water.

If you have some basic handyman skills then build your own, you will save more than enough on 'installation' fees to get a really nice pole and brush and change for a nice pie supper!

I do not recommend ply lining the van, if you have any leakage it will get sodden and takes an age to dry and also adds a load of weight to your van. I personally prefer the protective coating, I myself have used protecta kote to line my van some of the other lads have used a different product (I forget the name) from Screwfix.

Look at the DIY /Tutorials section of this site and also the WFP threads, there are loads of really top posts by some of the lads on self builds. Good luck.

If you are using DI (resin only) there is no waste and overall it is a lot more expensive to produce pure.
If you are using RO (reverse osmosis) the expensive part of most set ups there is a waste outlet on the vessel that will pipe away the waste water.

If you have some basic handyman skills then build your own, you will save more than enough on 'installation' fees to get a really nice pole and brush and change for a nice pie supper!

I do not recommend ply lining the van, if you have any leakage it will get sodden and takes an age to dry and also adds a load of weight to your van. I personally prefer the protective coating, I myself have used protecta kote to line my van some of the other lads have used a different product (I forget the name) from Screwfix.

Look at the DIY /Tutorials section of this site and also the WFP threads, there are loads of really top posts by some of the lads on self builds. Good luck.
Thank you, Really appreciated.

The letters and numbers represent the different system the lower the number and letter the smaller more basic the system is.

So a 1b=smallest tank and delivery system only.

And a 1d=same tank with full ro system.

3D would be same system with full ro just bigger tank.

The best thing is to contact grippa and ask for Oliver and he will tell you all you need to know he can also visit you and give you a demo.

I have a grippa tank system great product and their a good company to deal with.

depends on what your tds is from the tap ? this is the first thing you need to find out before buying anything buddy

Back