Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure Washing,

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gmeister

Hi there,

I was talking to a customer, who recently got her front garden (which is slabbed over) jet washed, (NOT her driveway)

She had two quotes for it, one at £120 and another at £150.

IF thats the going rate then I thought I could do this as an add on to the business.

I thought about getting a petrol jet washer at £250, this is a better make and more powerfull one then a £400 petrol Karcher jetwasher.

Anyway do anyone else offer this service??

I mean I wouldnt mind charging someone £80 to £100 for a drivway if thats the going rate lol. even doing it on a sat morning or something lol.

i pressure washed the moss off a drive & i was amazed at how long it took , 12 hrs lmao so i earnt a lot less than doing windows & she was taken aback at the price ?100 but its dead easy so if you can get a decent price its good work but only ?20/hr is ?240 so its not a cheap job

Scary, been thinking about this today and might even be same one I was looking at (B&Q for 250 or coulda been screwfix lol), I know Marc at MKcleaners does it a fair bit and was gonna ask him for a bit of advice on pricing etc but he might post here when he's on. Sound bloke he'll give ya some good advice.

If your serious about it invest in a good pressure washer. You want a washer with a flow rate of at least 10 litres per min and at least 2500 psi. You also get a turbo nozzle that fits on the end of the lance. (gun) The more powerful the machine the quicker you can get the job done.

The prices stated are about right for a drive, im about 80 - 120 for a driveway, also do paths, steps, decking etc. Prices start from 30.

I paid 650 for my washer which included 30 meters of premium hose and turbo nozzle + deivery.

i pressure washed the moss off a drive & i was amazed at how long it took , 12 hrs lmao so i earnt a lot less than doing windows & she was taken aback at the price �100 but its dead easy so if you can get a decent price its good work but only �20/hr is �240 so its not a cheap job
12 hours to do a drive? What kind of pressure washer were you running?

Mk do you use your own water source for pressure washing?
Nah, The tank I would need wouldnt fit in my van (1000 litre)

So far all the jobs ive done have had a tap or the neighbour has. One one occasion I had to run a hose from someone inside tap but the didint mind.

Mk, have you ever used one of those rotary things you push along? They seem to be good, but quite expensive on top of the price for the washer

Mk, have you ever used one of those rotary things you push along? They seem to be good, but quite expensive on top of the price for the washer
No but they look awesome, dont they? Ive been watching videos on you tube. I think you could do a drive in less than half the time with a rotary cleaner. Would be easyer on the arms as well. I have to take 2 minute break now and again when pressure washing with the gun. I always get a ''dead arm'' lol

My local window cleaning supply shop deals karcher washers, and it was roughly around £300ish plus vat

There is another place, jetmac systems in northern Ireland They have 1 for £520

Just seen they have a good Honda 3000psi for £550!

Thing is tho, I recently took out insurance with Gleaming Insurance, and they cover up to 2500 PSI?

EDIT

They cover up to 3600 PSI /emoticons/wink.png

a couple of months ago i got a loncin 3600 psi 13 hp 21 litres per minute its an industrial spec washer and is very fast . jobs that took 8 hrs can be done in less than half the time which is a big advantage when competing for a job . these washers come with a 2 year gurantee and are a lot cheaper than the honda but are said to be as reliable . the rotary cleaners or fsc flat surface cleaners are used mainly for large commercial work so you would need big jobs to justify buying one . i got mine from jetmac but anyone living in the uk mainland could try a company called gen power .co.uk as they are cheaper again . i find powerwashing a great add on but i learnt that having the right spec washer is very important as who wants to spend a full day with a small washer for 100 quid this wouldnt pay me when you take out you petrol money and travel etc i would recommend anyone looking to get into this to use a washer with a minium of 3000 psi 10 hp and 15 litres per minute as this will save you a lot of time on a job . another thing to remember when doing a block paving job and resanding it this should be done the following day using kiln dryed sand and has to be dry otherwise its a ***htmare . the kiln dryed sand is used as its very fine and is easily brushed into the joints hopefully this is some help and apologies for going on a bit

My local window cleaning supply shop deals karcher washers, and it was roughly around £300ish plus vat

There is another place, jetmac systems in northern Ireland They have 1 for £520

Just seen they have a good Honda 3000psi for £550!
I got mine from jetmac! Came with a 2 year guarantee also. Where about did you see it. PM me the link mate

Back