Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shurflow pump wiring

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Russcooper

Can anyone show me a photo of a shurflow pump wired up to a controller please. I had another pump and I have taken it of and wired it up that same as the old pump and now it won’t work so I think I have done it wrong
2 wires off the shurflow are wired to the control and the battery’s wires was there running out the controller so just left them. It lights up as it should but got pressure switch warning How do I wire it just to check the pump works. Because at minute it’s dead won’t work Can’t even callabrite it

Sounds like your 'other' pump has a faulty pressure switch. If you connect the pump directly to the battery (with a fuse) that will show if pump is working.

So looking at most photos of this pump there is wires coming of the pressure switch So wiring it from the top wires doesnt seem to work
Why re wise being run from the pressure switch.

If you had DE coming up on your controller, then it usually means the controller needs recalibrating. But it could be that the microswitch in the pressure switch has failed.

Remove the red cable from the pressure to the motor at the pressure switch. Then put the red cable to the positive of the battery and the black to the negative. The pump should run at full speed.

If the pump runs then you could bypass that pressure switch and wire the red cable directly to the controller.

If you had DE coming up on your controller, then it usually means the controller needs recalibrating. But it could be that the microswitch in the pressure switch has failed.

Remove the red cable from the pressure to the motor at the pressure switch. Then put the red cable to the positive of the battery and the black to the negative. The pump should run at full speed.

If the pump runs then you could bypass that pressure switch and wire the red cable directly to the controller.
The 2 wires on the pump come out the top and are not connected to the pressure switch

The 2 wires on the pump come out the top and are not connected to the pressure switch
Then connect the black wire that comes out of the motor to the blue from the controller and the red wire to the brown wire from the controller. @doug atkinson sent you a link which shows you a wiring diagram to follow.

I have taken a photo of my spare pump. The pressure switch wasn't connected for the past 15 years the pump was on my previous van.
All I have is 2 wires, a red and black, which were connected directly to my controller. You can test to see if your pump is working by taking the red wire to positive on your battery and the black wire to negative. If the pump runs, then the pump works.

If it works, then leave out or bypass the pressure switch. Shurflo pumps have a red wire that goes to the pressure switch and another that leaves the pressure switch and goes to the motor.
iIMG_20230113_212353.jpg

Here is a photo of the van I used back in 2004 @Russcooper . You will see that I have 2 Shurflo pumps and 2 Varistream flow controllers.

Neither pump has the pressure switch connected. If you look at the pump on the left you will notice 2 wires that come from the pump's motor to a strip connector. The wires then go around the pump and into the 2 connectors on the underneath right of the controller. If you look closely, there is a main power feed which has a strip connector with 3 terminals. There are 2 cables, a red and black, that are the controller's main power supply cables. They run behind the controller and loop around at the bottom and into the left connectors. The red power supply lead has a fuse.

Varistream controllers are no longer available. They only used red and black cables, but the connectors under the controller were labelled clearly power + and power - and pump + and pump -.

1673648632906.png

Thanks for all the replies. I have wired the 2 wires as the diagram The controller cam up with ps so the pressure switch was kicking in I then tried to calabraite it but it then came up with error and won’t let me do it This is why I am saying it needs to be wired from the pressure switch but I don’t no what wire goes where
This is why I posted first off

Does the pump run if it's connected directly to your battery and not via the controller? And no, your controller doesn't need to be wired via your pump's pressure switch.

What controller do you have? Older V11 Spring controllers could be damaged if connected up incorrectly.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back