Signwriting...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by MrBump, Jul 23, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Have any of you used online diy vinyl kits - by that I mean you give them your logo / writing etc and they send you the cut vinyl which you then put on yourself?

Or if you had it done professionaly, how much did you guys pay for it to get done?

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#2 boarcity, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
    iv done that, i bleve it was 30,40 quid touch from an Ebay firm for the kit. one tip i can give is to go over your van with Tcut polish first in the week prior to get all the dirt out of the paint before you apply the stickers . its got to be clean clean or they wont stick long term . Also , only apply the stickers at a time when the weather is cool ,i chose very erly in the morning for 2 reasons ,it was cool and nobody was around taking the p/ss so i could concentrate on the job. be sure to have some sharp scissors to cut the backing a tad so it can lay flat [vans are a lot more curved than they look,well mine is and the stickers wont bend around a curve so you need to cut the sheet so it lays flat prior to lifting off the backing paper] and a roll of masking tape -i think they come with a set of instruction anyway
    bvbbb1.jpg

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It is very easy to do and i have done several for other people including car graphics
    Make sure you use a spray bottle of soapy water and spray before attaching vinyl
    This allows slip to move any bits that need adjusting once paper is removed and being able to squeeze out air bubbles
    Stick it all on
    Use a plastic filler type scraper and go over the whole lot forcing any air out
    Peel paper off
    Lightly squeeze any remaining air bubbles out
    If any tiny ones left use a pin to mak a tiny hole in them and go over with scraper (you won't see the holes)
    Job done

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Thanks guys, seems doable then, with a lot of care and if I prepped well and took my time. Have yo say that lettering is rather straight boarcity! And good tip with yhe pin daveyboy, that could save my bacon.

Hmmm might have to give it a go then, I'm sure it is but just need to double check its the same type of vinyl as the 'professionals' use, don't want it to peel off my paintwork if I ever removed it..

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

The vinyl is not really sticky
    When you peel it off the only thing you get is an outline from dirt etc round the edgesand weathering of the paint so will need a tcut
    Paint is safe

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

It is a matter of slow and steady Mr Bump, too often the kits arrive, you're all excited and get a rush on but that's when it goes wrong.

Amat Victoria Curam - is the key, also have a little browse on you tube, loads of instructionals on there

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I had my van sign-written on both sides, front and back by a local company. It cost £95 + vat

8. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Just been quoted around £250+vat, so a just tad more than you SPcleaning lol. Price may come down once I send him the artwork though. Might just get them to cut it and have a go at fitting it myself as it seems it'll be half that!

9. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

10. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Yep, mine was £40 off ebay, takes a couple of hours, just go steady

heres mine
    tpc.jpg

Advertisement