Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Silly question time!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That's a shame as I bet there has been a lot of time and effort go into it as I know there has on mine, just make sure you get a decent price for all your gear and corals!

JD I thought a while back you where going to get a hot water system fitted?
I was thinking about it smurf but ive now settled on a ford ranger wildtrak as my next vehicle and the biggest tank i can get in it and still be able to close over the roller type blind is a 350ltr R.O system with an inbuilt booster pump for fast filling. Its a case of space!

What about one of these! 500w titanium heaters I use them fully submerged in my salted reef tank they keep the water at a constant temperature and they are safe and strong,
Got a link?

I dunno to be honest it was just an idea, they have kept my reef tank at a constant 25 degrees for the past six months, I am willing to try it in winter!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be trying a couple of 300w fishtank heaters this winter as there rated to heat up to a 1000lt and also maybe a power head to keep the water moving to help prevent frezzing can get all cheap second hand of eBay so nothing to loose otherwise it's a heater in the back of the van. Doubt the water will ever get warm like my fish tank but defo keep itabove freezing which is all I need it to be

My reef tank 700 litres came up to temp quick when I first filled it, so it should keep my van water above freezing point overnight in winter which is all I am concerned with.

or maybe a thermostatic greenhouse heater left in your van .:thumbsup:

..we could start a sub topic on here about marine fishtank setups..yeh they do take up a lot of time but....they are great...miss mine...:gush:

I never have a problem with the colder Winter months.......

My system and van are always kept in my centrally heated garage /emoticons/biggrin.png:D...... Naah-Na--Na-Naah Nah /emoticons/tongue.png:p .

ps

I'm sure I'll mention my centrally heated garage again when Winter really sets-in /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/biggrin.png:D:laugh::laugh::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .

I bet you can still have issues when working in prolonged sub zero temps. Like when you real out the hoses and water freezes in the pipes, brush jets, on windows & ground etc. You can't bet mother nature sometimes even when using a hot water system but it can help a wee bit but not much when the weather is really bad. /emoticons/biggrin.png

My reef tank 700 litres came up to temp quick when I first filled it, so it should keep my van water above freezing point overnight in winter which is all I am concerned with.
700 ltr reef tank! Thats a big fish tank and no mistake!

Amazing smurf, thanks for posting. Though i do feel sorry for those big fish stuck in what they must feel is a jam jar!

What about insulating the **** out of it?

8 inches of PIR board should do the job. Remembering to board beneath the tank. Can you fill with warm water and try to avoid heat loss? Oddly, hot water freezes quicker than cold. I may have just made that bit up.

Also push fit fittings are easier to repair than compression fittings after a freeze.

Good luck!

Back