Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help - tank in car to fill trolley?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kips

Hi Guys.

So, at the moment, I have 2 80L tanks in my garden that fill from my RO system, I then fill barrels, load the car up with the barrels and a trolley system and off to work I go.

However - Filling the barrels and carrying them to the car is doing my head in. So, I'd like to have some kind of tank in the car that I can fill then just off I go with the trolley and I can fill the trolley from the tank.

Problem is, i'm not really sure where/what to look at to fit into the car. It's an estate, a suzuki Liana, so I'm thinking something around a 200L tank would be good. But does anyone know what kind of fitting i'd want to have it fill the trolley? Or can anyone suggest a tank to look at?

Does anyone here run a WFP system from a car?

Having to fill containers and humping water about done my head in too. I soon gave up on the trolley idea and got myself a cheap berlingo van & 250 wydale upright van tank to start with and used the purefreedom trolley static in the van instead which made my life so much easier. Trouble is I soon outgrew the van with the amount of water I needed plus all the other kit I carry about.

Regarding using a car to transport water about either in containers or putting in a small tank instead is not really a great idea as the inside of the car can get quite wet. Also if using a small tank in a car it needs to be strapped down somehow which can be difficult to do. The weight can also be an issue on the cars suspension too if using a tank static system.

The best advice I can give if you can is to get a decent size van as soon as possible and a decent size van system( 500 ltr plus tank) if you want to go down the wfp route properly.

I've found it also alot easier to have large 1000 ltr ibc's used for holding tanks in the garden than using water butts myself. Reason being I can let them fill whilst I'm out and about and/or overnight and not have to worry they will over fill. I'm not on a water meter so am still using a 300 gpd ro which takes about 18 hours to fill a 1000 ltr ibc with pure. When that ro needs new membranes I will just get a 4040 or 4021 set up instead.

Hope this helps?

Hi Smurf, thanks for the reply.

I agree with you that a van would be better, but I don't have the funds at the moment. I'm only ever just floating a little bit above my overdraft so there's no way I could afford another vehicle.

To be honest, I used to work with a guy that had a static mount system and I really prefer using a backpack on a trolley - the long hose from the van used to get caught on everything and drove me absolutely nuts. I guess in a perfect world i'd have both, but at the moment I just want to free myself from those blasted barrels.

Have you considered getting a trailer as you can pick them up quite cheap that could take a fairly decent size tank? You just have to make sure the max load is ok and don't exceed the max tow weight on the vehicle you use.

Myself I would rather tow a trailer than having kids in a car fitted with a water tank.

Nowhere to park it, sadly - I'm thinking of stripping the seats out of the back and essentially turning the car into a van until I can afford a 'real' van..

Not good then /emoticons/sad.png

Best you take it to a mechanic friend to see what he thinks of your idea of taking the back seats out to fit a tank and the best way to go about it so it's properly secured.

Back