Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SLX or Extreme?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm also getting an extreme 25 in a month or so to replace my slx 25. /emoticons/smile.png
I'm guessing your based in the south?

I have to work smarter and faster up north to make good money. The extreme poles (along with other things) help me do this to be honest.

An average 4 bedroom house up here has about 12 ish windows. And up here guys who have big businesses bash them out for £8 a pop, doing about 4 an hour.

Then you have the guys who do them for £4 or £5 to top up there dole money.

If you charged more than £12 for a 4 bed house here you'd go out of business very quick.
Same here mate. They have it so much easier.

I have a guy charge £7/8 for 4 beds on this estate. I charge £10 and £12 same estate. I got the ones who sacked him. He has 40 houses I have 4. Not lowering my prices. Ill travel further and do less houses. If we all charged more, we would earn more. Never mind under cutting other windys. Wrong way to go

jake have you tried the extreme

i,m thinking the same as you surely the slx at 18ft 22ft, would do the job easy

i would like to try it out to see how gd the extreme is

I will be needing a new pole soon, my 42ft clean tech pole I bought in 2006 is pretty much knackered.
Will a slx 39 pole be more than enough to clean 3 storeys town houses that I do? (My important big paying customers)

These town houses also got conservatories so to clean top windows I am unsure if slx 39 will be long enough to reach as I can only just about reach the top windows with the 42ft pole I got now.
a slx 39 will easly reach 3 story the good thing about gardner poles is u can buy a extension if needed

Yeah but you still have to pay for it, your only avoiding the tax on the item
what i do is put money bk each week for my tax bill then every month i put it in my acount then b for my tax retern is sedmited i wrk out how mch i gota pay that year an if i need any thing expencive ill take it out tax money add the expence down on my retern then its done that way its not coming out my own pocket so to speak poles usly last 2 /3 years so its no biggy my next 47ft pole will b a extreme sod it a at that hight it should b a hell of a lot liter i recken my super max 47 compact is lite but not stiff at full strech so the stiffer liter extreme should b well wrth the extra

I will be needing a new pole soon, my 42ft clean tech pole I bought in 2006 is pretty much knackered.
Will a slx 39 pole be more than enough to clean 3 storeys town houses that I do? (My important big paying customers)

These town houses also got conservatories so to clean top windows I am unsure if slx 39 will be long enough to reach as I can only just about reach the top windows with the 42ft pole I got now.

More than long enough mate, I use the slx35 for some of my 4 story commercial and it's reaches easy,

You won't need 39' for 3 story, I ise 25' for 3 story residential with relative ease...

You could buy the 30' to save money, then if needs be but the extension sections at a later date. 30' will be so much lighter and it will reach all 3 story windows easily

Last edited by a moderator:
jake have you tried the extremei,m thinking the same as you surely the slx at 18ft 22ft, would do the job easy

i would like to try it out to see how gd the extreme is
I have held a 25' via another windy in my area, it's was light, but I didn't get to use it, but then when comparing to my 25' facelift, wasn't much in it, don't see the point at that height, not unless your using it for every single house, but at 18' it just seems pointless, 18' poles are rigid and light as they are...

what i do is put money bk each week for my tax bill then every month i put it in my acount then b for my tax retern is sedmited i wrk out how mch i gota pay that year an if i need any thing expencive ill take it out tax money add the expence down on my retern then its done that way its not coming out my own pocket so to speak poles usly last 2 /3 years so its no biggy my next 47ft pole will b a extreme sod it a at that hight it should b a hell of a lot liter i recken my super max 47 compact is lite but not stiff at full strech so the stiffer liter extreme should b well wrth the extra

Yeah good idea, still rather go on holiday though...

@Alex Gardiner

If you hold out a 25' slx and 25' extreme horizontally, next to each other, what is the difference in the bend? Is it just an inch or so because of the extra weight of the slx?

When modular sections are added on, how does this affect the rigidity? How do they compare at around 40'?

Thanks.

If the 42ft pole only just reaches the work currently then it would be a good idea to fully extend the 42ft pole on the ground and measure to check its actual length. If it is actually 42ft and it only just reaches then the SLX39 would not reach.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Alex GardinerIf you hold out a 25' slx and 25' extreme horizontally, next to each other, what is the difference in the bend? Is it just an inch or so because of the extra weight of the slx?

When modular sections are added on, how does this affect the rigidity? How do they compare at around 40'?

Thanks.
Here is a video which does help show the difference. This was shot by Racenstein in the US and is comparing about 10 different poles in this size category. The SLX is 4th from the right side in the video and the Xtremes are the far right two poles - [media]

[/media]
You can see there is actually quite a difference visible between the two poles. However another factor is that the Xtreme will suppress bounce far better than the SLX poles.

If you add the Xtreme35 pack it is still full Xtreme carbon and the difference at 35/40 becomes more noticeable between the Xtreme and SLX range.

Yeah but you still have to pay for it, your only avoiding the tax on the item
No if your not VAT registered, you wont even get that back.

It makes your earnings less.

profit 25K less 2k in poles =23K Get it /emoticons/wink.png

You're avoiding income tax on the item. Pole costs £300, you'll save the 20% ish of income tax, £60.

Back