Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are They Gonna Tell Me To **** Off?!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Joe

Ive been asked to quote a house which is a bit out of my way but its one of my old p.e teachers so I said ill do it.

The only problem is that they are all leaded windows and they have a low 45 degree roof running around the outside of the 1st floor, so that will make ladder use a bit trickier. (think ill have to put ladders up higher than the window and reach down rather than up.)

There are a 7 double windows, one bay window, french doors and a back door with a small window, also a porch.

Ive priced it at £36 for a 1st clean & £18 4 weekly thereafter.

I have never done leadeds before, so unsure how much longer than usual they will take?

Cheers Guys

Well joe are you trad only? Wfp you would fly through the leaded houses..

Before I got the pole it would took me at least twice the time.. Scrimming every pane is a pain in the gl-a$$!

First clean will be even longer!!

to put the ladder up high than the windows at a safe angle, you would never reach the windows. this is a hard one for trad cleaners as there in no safe way of doing it without having ladders at wrong angles and climbing all over roof!

leaded window are a pain in the bum to do as, i believe that you have to do them all by cloth.

The ladder over roof... Can you not get the ladder to reach the sill? I have a ladder stand off and this is great for them over the roof windows.. But I got a pole now too so the ladder stand off stays in the van for gutter jobs lol

having a ladder at a steeper angle is not the right way for it and can put stresses on the ladder which they are not designed for, i know all window cleaners do it, but its not good practice really.

Coulds you not take someone with you to foot the ladders while you clean it?
or put ladder against the guttering and take a pole up with you, to get the extra lenth. Its tricky at first but when you get use to it its not to bad

or put ladder against the guttering and take a pole up with you, to get the extra lenth. Its tricky at first but when you get use to it its not to bad
dont mean to have a go or anything but really???

you do know that no ladder should be resting against guttering or anything that might give way dont you? plus you cant use a pole with only one hand, as you have to keep 3 points of contact with a ladder.

what you do is up to you but when you are telling someone else how to do things they should be told the right and safest way of doing it. that way if they have a fall or anything happen it cant come back on you, but if they put it on the guttering climb up the ladder and guttering breaks and ladder slips etc thats not fair on the new guy coz he is only doing what he was told. then he will have to pay out for new guttering or worse case stop working for a while coz he fell off the ladder and hurt himself.

i know we all are trying to help, but lets think of the advise given to new guys into the trade.

really????? you do know that no ladder should be resting against guttering or anything that might give way dont you? plus you cant use a pole with only one hand, as you have to keep 3 points of contact with a ladder.
You can rest it against metal guttering, You use the pole with 2 hands. Save the H&S speech too is really starting to bore me now.

Im going to go a head and block you now, if that possible? Nothing personal, I like you and all but you constanlty jump at the chance to start running your mouth about H&S and how things should be done ''properly''

You can rest it against metal guttering, You use the pole with 2 hands. Save the H&S speech too is really starting to bore me now.

Im going to go a head and block you now, if that possible? Nothing personal, I like you and all but you constanlty jump at the chance to start running your mouth about H&S and how things should be done ''properly''
yer thats fine you can block me but i dont think its right giving out information that could lead to a new guy to have a fall or anything.

when up ladders you should keep both feet on and one hand on it too.

i know we all dont do it, i dont always do it i use both hands at times but im not going to tell anyone to do that.

I don't think he is running his mouth at all like he said he does it himself but would not tell any one else to do that. We all take risks and short cuts in our job but would not tell a newbie that's the way to do it.

Let's stop jumping down everyones throte seriously. This forum is for men and women running their own business. We are not a bunch of kids.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

thanks gav, i'm not having a go at anyone on how they work thats up to them. but when it comes to telling others how to do things it should be good advise and safe.

I agree, I used to be a mechanic and the amout of stupid dodgy things I did when working, i would never tell someone else to do it like that as they would seriously hurt them selfs.

And saying these postings are not helping anyone is silly the fact every other topic turns in to a *** for tat does not help anyone.

I am sorry everyone but if these post keep coming up warnings will start to be issued. I also advise everyone on the forum to report these kind of posts as newbies trying to find helpful info will just come across silly petty posts instead of the info the titles suggest.

It is ashame we have to go down this route but no one is giving me much choice.

true, its like the old saying dad always used to say to me! do as i say not as i do! lol

it is a shame to have to go down this route with things, but must admit over the last month things keep getting out of hand and going of topic quite a bit.

I agree, I used to be a mechanic and the amout of stupid dodgy things I did when working, i would never tell someone else to do it like that as they would seriously hurt them selfs.

And saying these postings are not helping anyone is silly the fact every other topic turns in to a *** for tat does not help anyone.

I am sorry everyone but if these post keep coming up warnings will start to be issued. I also advise everyone on the forum to report these kind of posts as newbies trying to find helpful info will just come across silly petty posts instead of the info the titles suggest.

I don't think he is running his mouth at all like he said he does it himself but would not tell any one else to do that. We all take risks and short cuts in our job but would not tell a newbie that's the way to do it.

Let's stop jumping down everyones throte seriously. This forum is for men and women running their own business. We are not a bunch of kids.

well maybe ''running your mouth'' was not the correct saying but you get what I mean.

These posts? You mean my posts?

Long Harris pole. One of them mob heads with a good micro fibre cloth on it. Spray a bit of astonish tile and window cleaner on it. Clean the window. Anothe micro fibre cloth on a mob head to buff. Job done. Works for me. I bough a long pole from cleanezee that came with a head with a micro cloth on it. I now fit that onto the Harris pole for leaded I cannot get.

Long Harris pole. One of them mob heads with a good micro fibre cloth on it. Spray a bit of astonish tile and window cleaner on it. Clean the window. Anothe micro fibre cloth on a mob head to buff. Job done. Works for me. I bough a long pole from cleanezee that came with a head with a micro cloth on it. I now fit that onto the Harris pole for leaded I cannot get.
not bad, great idea wfp without the water! lol

i've seen them about, its like the indoor wtp systems that you can get they work on the same sort of thing

Latest Posts

Back