Something to hold poles

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Shaun1977, Feb 27, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

High I'm new to all of this so was wondering what you guys use to hold ur wfp in the van so they don't roll about

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fq3gm0

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

You can buy things from window cleaning equipment suppliers, but to be honest, you can buy metal 'hooks' of various sizes from places like b&q which will be much cheaper. Mount them on the inside of your van, on the sides. If you dont have a long enough van, you may have to modify a pipe holder and put it on a roof rack. Or make a hole or two in the top of your bulkhead and have the end of your pole sticking through. Thats what i used to do in my lwb transit connect, but now i have my big pole in the back on the sides, but at an angle (otherwise it wouldnt fit). window cleaner pal of mine has a vw transporter, he made up a frame to fit over the top of his tank with brackets on it to hold his poles. There are a few options, you just need to decide which siuts you best.

3. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Cheers badbusdriver Iv got vivaro so will be ok just go along sides

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zpgjgh

4. simon

simon Guru

i use a length of b&q down pipe only about £8 cut it down & bungeed it to van roof & pole just slips right in

5. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Yep, I bought a length of 6" wide drain pipe from B&Q for a tenner. Think it was 4m long, cut it in half & cable tie it into inside of van roof. Perfect![hr]
    I did have the smaller width pipe, but I found my pole hose was bending due to not enough room and was splitting, so went for the 6" stuff, problem solved.

6. simon

simon Guru

its the easiest way for sure i did look a pole racks etc & they all wanted silly money for them

7. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Another option go to a local steel fabricator show them what you want you'll be surprised at how cheap they might do it for

8. Ryan

Ryan Guest

drain pipe for me :] keeps it all nice and tiddy

9. mark m

mark m Hero

A video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6jT9HFnZt8

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Paul

Paul Guest

Mark you are the Steven Spielberg of window cleaning vids well done another good one.

Advertisement