Somethings gotta give

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by adamangler, Aug 18, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Im at the point now where im getting fed up of window cleaning, cant get the prices i want, cant get anything done because of the weather, custies arnt playing ball they either dont want to pay online or they just avoid paying, my cash flow is shite.

In the good weather im stuck in my part time job and when ive got work booked in its chucking it down. Not getting anywhere fast and everything i try seems to fail miserably.

I seem to be in a never ending cycle of chucking money at buying gear or marketting with little in return.

I keep thinking quit my part time job and go for it, then i lose a few custies and get rained off all week and my confidence goes again.

Cant afford to buy a round, cant afford anything tbh, fed up

just a rant lol sick of being skint

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

It's not an easy job in the beginning mate, you'll either have to stick it out for a few years to reap the rewards, or find something else, part time is even harder to get the ball rolling,

If cash flow is bad, you might need to start going out collecting in the evenings...

I'm also feeling fed up, rained all day today, and bored out my brain. Sometimes this job can be a right sucker.

3. Jacob

Jacob Guest

you gotta take the good with the bad, every windie has bad days/weeks its just the way it is.
    if you commit 100% and go fulltime you will soon see some results, its hard graft for a long time still, but worth it in the end.

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

the way to overcome this is increase your marketing effort 10 fold.

im not talkin about chucking money at it,im talkin about free or very low cost marketing ,shout your daily blurb stuff on - vivastreet, freeads, gumtree, facebook buy n sell groups , streetlife . then theres doling out flyers using local street map to make sure you dont miss any corner

you also need to be working in wet weather , i worked allday today in drizzling rain and even picked up a new job in it , an unexpected bonus that made me smile

if you really cant hack working in the rain well you can be doling out flyers theres absolutely no excuse not to be out there in every weather

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Did you not just invest quite heavily in Whiz Bizz to come up and hustle for you?

I heard canvassing in Wakefield is an absolute nightmare.

As for working in the rain you have been WFP since the start so where the problem?

6. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

its hard like but i didnt get my prices untill a couple years in just keep ur chin up mate and get out canvassing

7. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Keep your head up adamangler, don't give up.

8. TolishAPurd

I don't mean any offence here Adam so please don't take this wrong. The last thread I saw you make like this was on a day where you were rained off again. IMHO in the situation you are in you need to be out dropping leaflets, not p*ssing about on here. Rain is no excuse to sit feeling miserable. Its just a break from the squeegee to go walking the streets meeting people and advertising. If you can't afford the leaflets then bite the bullet and go canvassing. Take a £1 notepad and a 10p pen and go and get some names booked in. Ignore all the canvassing speil advice on here from the pros, just keep it simple; Knock knock, "hi, do you need a window cleaner?". Make posters on the computor and print them off at the library if you have to. Put them in bus shelters, noticeboards, post offices, and anywhere else you can think of. Do all the free listing stuff like boar said.

In short, pull your finger out mate. This place is for evenings, and dossing about when you can afford the time off. I was rained off today so I did one first clean in the pouring rain for 30notes, and then did my overdue bookwork. I was already in my window uniform so was going to go dropping, but decided not to.... but I can afford not to.

No offence meant mate, I wouldnt bother typing all that if I didnt like you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

I don't mind heavy rain but do need to have a change of clothes, it getsunder my goretex.

Any villages you could try Adam? If its half hour drive to do, say, 4 hours flyering might get a day of work. I'm considering this if I run out of decent streets for variety

10. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

I just like moaning guys :) lol feel better now, i just get worked up haha

ive no problem at all cleaning in the rain, quite happy to get soaked wet thru
    but im not convinced on the quality of the clean in the rain and i cant risk losing a custy by doing a shite job in the rain

plus i had 5 first cleans and im defo not sure about those in rain with all the extra **** on them

Green Nightmare - PM mate

Advertisement