Sore Hands ?! Any Remedies ? Do You Use Gloves ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by sdrah, Apr 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sdrah

sdrah Guest

the title said everything ...

I think many window cleaners don't use ?! any gloves , and probably have sore hands like i do ... What can I do about that - despite keeping my hands as dry as possible during the day - my hands are like a reptile skin .

what do u think about these gloves windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=165&SectionID=24

Advertisement
  2. Gushysfella

Gushysfella Active Member

Slap loads of e45 cream at night your hands will be like new by morning! Repeat each night just don't try and have a drink in the night as its hard to explain why you dropped the glass all over the bed to your misses while she's half asleep and not with it lol

3. Posh

Posh Hero

Yep Nivea cream at night & surgical gloves in day. Only wear the gloves in the winter.

4. charlie

charlie Banned

udder cream

5. Gushysfella

Gushysfella Active Member

Just going back to the gloves, tried loads of types cleaner gloves fishing so on and so on, waste of money!!

Posh's idea sounds about the best, jewsons do a box of power free gloves 500 for £6

6. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

e45 cream yep , but my hands don't get sore only very rough , now my heals bloody kill me after a full day , but get better real quick once I stop

7. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

My hands go bad in the winter like sand paper but when its summer, weather like today, my hands dry quick. Hands are like baby skin!

Anyone explain this lol.

Dunno what to suggest other then use e45 moisteriser(more runnier then cream) next day hands are back to normal.

8. OoO

OoO Guest

To sort my feet out I used to sleep in socks loaded with Vaseline. Fixed my feet after two weeks.

I'd be tempted todo the same with my hands.

9. HotWash Window Cleaners

The pure water is terrible to our skin, a good barrier cream, moisturiser etc should be fine. If you struggling with bad skin nitrile gloves will help a lot and are pretty cheap too. I have a box always in the van for dirty guttering as I am not sure what is in there these days.
    Protect hands when reeling in hoses too as this will help save your skin. I use a cloth as it helps to clean debris off the hose too.
    I know it's all simple but every little helps to protect your hands.

10. sdrah

sdrah Guest

thanks for your advice ! I didn't realise that such small things like reeling the hose, moving dirty cloths with bare hand etc will affect the skin - but certainly does , especially I use quite a lot of g101 to spray the sills for new customers , to get rid of dirt easier .

Ive got a box of disposable gloves however after wearing them for a while the hand gets wet cos of sweat or cos of a hole etc .

I 'll get some cream and will try to avoid dirt / g101 etc : )

Advertisement