Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spectrum Membranes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

Spectrum v Axeon Membranes 150 gpd spec says all the same . the only difference is the Price . Anyone use the Spectrum Membranes now. Are they decent spec . Saving if buying a few

Spectrum v Axeon Membranes 150 gpd spec says all the same . the only difference is the Price . Anyone use the Spectrum Membranes now. Are they decent spec . Saving if buying a few
At £31.00 each, they aren't that expensive to test yourself. According to the more information on GAPS Water web page, it should produce a rejection rate of 98% at 50psi and 98.5% at 60psi.

I'm not sure whether you will get much better than that from an Axeon membrane.

The trouble is that membranes deteriorate with age. Our water supply also changes over time. Someone might tell you that a Spectrum membrane is better than XXXX, but due to time and water delivery, we can never actually truly compare apples with apples imho.

Doug now supplies both Spectrum and Axeon I believe they are similar spec and that they'll have stepped up their game hence he supplies them

I have had Axeon and spectrum, the spectrum in my experience is much better than the Axeon membranes got my Spectrum off Doug few years ago and still pretty good rejection rate will probably order another set soon.
Doug is the man to ask ?

Plus side of the Spectrum membranes your flush time is not as long as the Axeon membranes.

Both will give the same rejection rate and flow rate.

Regarding what lasts longer I don’t have an answer to that.

Sadly Axeon membranes have become too expensive here in the UK so I have stopped selling the TF range.

I’ve kinda of lost interest in building systems as the likes of Gaps Water, Wrekin Water etc.. make very low profit on most of their products. Good news for customers but it is not becoming worthwhile building systems.

When you sit with £20k of stock and likes of Gaps who have no overheads are allowed to drop ship at very low profit margins it’s not worth it any more.

It is becoming a huge problem to compete in this market as you have drop ship companies working from home, not registered on companies house, vat number is sole trader and more and more popping up.

It’s a good way to make money doing that and good for customers but not worth my effort and time anymore.

I’m coming to that age where I have now thought why put out systems in the market for other people like this to benefit and they don’t build any.

You move one step forward then pushed back in politics with these guys.

Sorry about the rant but sadly my heart is not in it any more.

Too much politics with these guys and they are sitting with thousands in the bank and basically want you out of the game.

I've never purchased anything from GAPS water. I only mentioned them as they usually have spec sheets on some products. :oops:

Sadly, I think the aftermath of covid (long covid) drains you of the will to fight and compete because you just haven't the energy @doug atkinson . I've certainly seen this with my daughter. I don't know what it's like to live with long covid, but my heart goes out to you and others who are experiencing long covid's aftermath because I've seen the devastation it causes.

Sadly, I think the aftermath of covid (long covid) drains you of the will to fight and compete because you just haven't the energy @doug atkinson . I've certainly seen this with my daughter. I don't know what it's like to live with long covid, but my heart goes out to you and others who are experiencing long covid's aftermath because I've seen the devastation it causes.
I take each day as it comes. Fatigue is a major issue for us now. Some days after work I fall asleep for a good few hours in the chair. It’s a bit like having Bilharzia. Saying that my late mum when they did an autopsy found she had it and I’ve often thought should I get checked just in case. I have a pain on the right hand side in lower back when I lie down this has not gone since Covid. Also supposedly high blood pressure but going for more tests. Had my heart checked thankfully all good.

I take each day as it comes. Fatigue is a major issue for us now. Some days after work I fall asleep for a good few hours in the chair. It’s a bit like having Bilharzia. Saying that my late mum when they did an autopsy found she had it and I’ve often thought should I get checked just in case. I have a pain on the right hand side in lower back when I lie down this has not gone since Covid. Also supposedly high blood pressure but going for more tests. Had my heart checked thankfully all good.
I know this is no consolation, but at least you can function to a degree. Kate Garraway's husband Derek Draper is bedridden and not in a good shape.

My daughter has a few good days, but then can go for a week just sleeping and barely functioning. Migraines are a regular occurrence with her now.
She caught covid in the early months working for the NHS. She started to feel better about 18 months later. The NHS wanted her to either resign or come back to work. She felt well enough to go back on a part-time basis. 2 weeks later, she caught covid again and that's the current situation 7 months later.

She was never over weight, health and very active before covid.

I know this is no consolation, but at least you can function to a degree. Kate Garraway's husband Derek Draper is bedridden and not in a good shape.

My daughter has a few good days, but then can go for a week just sleeping and barely functioning. Migraines are a regular occurrence with her now.
She caught covid in the early months working for the NHS. She started to feel better about 18 months later. The NHS wanted her to either resign or come back to work. She felt well enough to go back on a part-time basis. 2 weeks later, she caught covid again and that's the current situation 7 months later.

She was never over weight, health and very active before covid.
Sorry to hear that. I had about 3/4 months of constant headaches but have now gone. Brain fog is less regular now.

I struggled with eating certain foods and alcohol which a lot of other people effected seem to also be effected. Still have issues with it.

I had issues like this as a child with certain foods and saw a nutritionist in Bulawayo who put us on a diet which included going without food. It worked for us and never had any issues again.

So seriously thinking about fasting then slowly introducing food to see if that will help.

And then you get someone like me who’s had it 3 times and still able to work while having it
How does that make sense?
Glad you’re doing well Doug

Latest Posts

Back