Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Split charge - What is different post 2015

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes. You would be better to have smart charging system installed. Battery to Battery type. In my opinion of course.

They're easy to wire up. Can do a  setup yourself from around £200 exc batteries.

If you get the stuff I can talk you through what to do or pass by and help with it.
Probably only take an hour.

Hardest part is routing the cables from the load area of the van safely and tidily to the main battery location.
How easy are they to wire? I’ve had this arrive in the post today and I’ve had a quote for £110 to get it fitted but he can’t get me in until next week ?? 

4C322436-4025-4820-8CDA-4EF0DCA00ADF.jpeg

How easy are they to wire? I’ve had this arrive in the post today and I’ve had a quote for £110 to get it fitted but he can’t get me in until next week ?? 

View attachment 18963

What size cable is that and what size charger is that?

The green fuse is rated at 30 amps so if this is a BB1230 then I wouldn't use that fuse as its too close to the maximum amperage of the B2B charger. That cable also looks like 30 amp.

Ideally you would use minimum of 70amp battery cable and a 60amp fuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
What size cable is that and what size charger is that?

The green fuse is rated at 30 amps so if this is a BB1230 then I wouldn't use that fuse as its too close to the maximum amperage of the B2B charger. That cable also looks like 30 amp.

Ideally you would use minimum of 70amp battery cable and a 60amp fuse.
yep I think I’ll leave it to a professional to fit it as all that means nothing to me ?

I’ve not actually looked at any of the kit yet as I was leaving the house as the fed ex guy turned up.

I got this kit from a company that supplies and fits systems so I was hoping it would come with all the correct components, I’ll take your advice and swap the cable and fuse. Thanks spruce ?

yep I think I’ll leave it to a professional to fit it as all that means nothing to me ?

I’ve not actually looked at any of the kit yet as I was leaving the house as the fed ex guy turned up.

I got this kit from a company that supplies and fits systems so I was hoping it would come with all the correct components, I’ll take your advice and swap the cable and fuse. Thanks spruce ?

Who did you get it from if I may ask?

They are obviously a dealer of Sterling so really Sterling should be monitoring that their dealers are supplying the right kit.

If you look at Simplysplitcharge on Ebay you will see that they supply a BB1230 with 70 amp cable with proper fuse holders..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3mtr-Sterling-BB1230-kit-with-red-70amp-10mm2-leads-Fords-Euro6-Transits/252446796475?hash=item3ac7006abb:g:OFoAAOSwrhlXT8fT

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Who did you get it from if I may ask?

They are obviously a dealer of Sterling so really Sterling should be monitoring that their dealers are supplying the right kit.

If you look at Simplysplitcharge on Ebay you will see that they supply a BB1230 with 70 amp cable with proper fuse holders..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3mtr-Sterling-BB1230-kit-with-red-70amp-10mm2-leads-Fords-Euro6-Transits/252446796475?hash=item3ac7006abb:g:OFoAAOSwrhlXT8fT
Even better, they have a kit own their website;

https://www.simplysplitcharge.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=938&search=bb1230

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back