Spots on Glass

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by padman, Feb 25, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. padman

padman Active Member

New to WFP and for the life of me I keep getting spots on the glass and runs sometimes. My TDS reading is 0 or max 2. I use a backpack with a 70psi pump with a variable setting or a on/off switch that runs the pump at max and it does go through some water so i use the variable setting to try and save on water. Am I just not using enough pure.

Just want to ask how much water should I be using on say a 8 window semi.

Done a few paid jobs and went back to check and was shocked how **** the windows looked, so did them again but trad.

Struggling with WFP at the mo to be honest and confidence in using it is real low.

Advertisement
  2. simon

simon Guru

giving the frames a proper going over on all first cleans is the best way of avoiding spotting, at first you will use loads of water but better too much than not enough with practise you will start using less, is it a gardiners backpack

3. Elliot

Elliot Active Member

If it's a first clean , then you could easily use a full back pack , after I would get 2 semis wit the same amount . Persevere it will come good .

4. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Is the spots along bottom of glass

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Are the spots on houses you've cleaned for the first time with WFP? If so, you need to rinse, rinse and rinse. I know you'll go through a lot of water especially when using a backpack but you have to rinse loads on first cleans with WFP. The runs are probably coming from :turd: seals. Let them run and go back to it and rinse just under the frame.

6. padman

padman Active Member

Thanks Guys
    Spots are mostly at the top and yes it is the first WFP clean. Done my own house a few times and still getting a few spots - just need to practice a hell of a lot more I suppose.
    Its not a gardiners back pack an ebay special. Only hold 16 litres and I fill it at least twice per job.

7. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

U no rinse the top enough maybe try stronger flow. Pay attention to the corners of glass

8. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Its natural to get spotting on the first clean. As the lads have said, go slow on the rinsing. Even so, its likely you'll still get some spots on the first go, we all did

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Not being a big head but i don't get spots.on first cleans
    I use ubik or virosol sprayed on the glass and frames or sprayed on the brush for top windows
    Do above the frames and top frame and rinse
    Scrub the rest of the glass and frames and don't rinse but go to the next 1 or 2 windows
    Then go back to the first one and give a quick scrub and proper rinse so all the bubbles etc from the chemicals are gone
    Walk away knowing it is fine

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Also don't run the pump too fast
    You need it to just go a couple of inches from the brush before the jet of water starts to dip downwards
    Just enough to cascade water down the glass not blast it
    If you can hear it hissing on the glass it is way too fast and will cause spotting

Advertisement