Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Strange Facebook post

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WombatPool

My wife has just sent me a screen shot from local Facebook group
I’ll quote exactly as it reads

‘Hi Has anyone in the area had there windows cleaned that has melted their UPVC windows happened to one of neighbours’

That’s how exactly how it’s written….

Something isn’t right here surly. My first thought was the damage must have already been there and they are blaming the window cleaner ??

What do we make of this ?

And no it’s definitely not me ?

@WombatPool Probably referring to a cleaning solvent that has reacted to and eaten into the plastic and softened it. Once the solvent evaporates, the plastic goes hard but looks like it's been melted. I expect this is some very old, cheap plastic frames they are referring to.

We had one customer who did this to their own window sills. Still have the customer, but they sold that house and bought another.

We don't offer a UPVC restore service, but I do have a bottle of some stuff recommended by a UPVC installer. If using this stuff, always check an inconspicuous spot to test any reaction before jumping in.
For the odd occasion we need a cleaner on the door, for example, we find The Pink Stuff or CIF adequate.

Latest Posts

Back