struggling to drain my tank

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Reach For The Glass, Mar 22, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Reach For The Glass

Reach For The Glass Well-Known Member

Hi guys

I have a 350 ltr tank at the bulkhead of a berlingo with a 1 inch pipe as my feed to a backpack.

When the tank has about a third left in it it just doesn't want to let gravity do its work. Any ideas

Advertisement
  2. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

Does it speed things up a bit when you unscrew the lid? That's what I used to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

3. Reach For The Glass

You know I've not even tried. Will do.

My brains a but dead 4 first cleans today.

Cheers

4. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

It won't do the tank is too wide to gravity feed at a low level.

Taking the top off will help as withour an air hole you are creating a vacuum. As the water leaves the tank the space has to be taken by oxygen. Think emptrying a 2lt bottle it glugs out that's because it is sealed and a vacuum is created.

Anyway I had a 250 narrow tank and it gravity fed great when I switched toa 500l much wider I have your problem

Another thing you can do is suck the outlet pipe to create a syphon that should do the trick but the backpack must must be lower than the tank level or it will stop

5. Reach For The Glass

Advertisement