Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Swivel elbow leak - oring size

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dale Transparent

Hi All,

Does anyone know what size the o-rings in these swivel elbows are please? Mine have gone completely and I've bought a multi pack of orings, but none are the correct size.

Does anyone have any temporary repairs they could recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Dale
PXL_20221220_174455481.jpg

You could buy a digital vernier gauge for about £8 that you can use to measure what size you need.

If you are stuck you can bodge a larger O ring (to fit a larger diameter fitting but correct cross section size) by slicing it with a razor blade and then reducing the length and superglue it back together. It won't work for that long but it might enable you to keep working.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You could buy a digital vernier gauge for about £8 that you can use to measure what size you need.

If you are stuck you can bodge a larger O ring (to fit a larger diameter fitting but correct cross section size) by slicing it with a razor blade and then reducing the length and superglue it back together. It won't work for that long but it might enable you to keep working.
Thanks for the reply and suggestion, very much appreciated.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
PowerUp Reel the correct size can only be bought from Waterworks directly it's the thickness of the O ring that differs to the usual ones you can buy anywhere

PowerUp Reel the correct size can only be bought from Waterworks directly it's the thickness of the O ring that differs to the usual ones you can buy anywhere
you'd've thought the chinese would've come up with a jumbo assortment bag of every size and thickness at cheap price to get the mass sales, like with the cheap button batteries, 50 odd of all sizes for £1.50 from cheap shops.

you'd've thought the chinese would've come up with a jumbo assortment bag of every size and thickness at cheap price to get the mass sales, like with the cheap button batteries, 50 odd of all sizes for £1.50 from cheap shops.
You can get the correct size from motor factor supplies they have dozens of different ones

When I had mine I got some the some from euro car parts exactly the same size
Good to know, I only managed to pick up a multi pack from Screwfix and had no luck at all, although since then you have had 2-3 different reels so that may not be the case now.

Good to know, I only managed to pick up a multi pack from Screwfix and had no luck at all, although since then you have had 2-3 different reels so that may not be the case now.
Most motor factors keep a stock of this type of thing as there are so many applications that they are used in , but you can buy them from water works but I found it quicker and cheaper to source locally

Back