Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting a new round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That interesting. I've never understood why a business owner would not have at least a basic insurance policy to protect themselves in case something does happen. 

Insurance is cheap as chips, even a few dollars a month for the security is soooo worth it, things can go sideways on a jobsite so quickly. 
As a sole trader our public liability insurance is around £210 a year for £2 million cover and the glass we are working on.

We have a £150 excess on every claim.

Any damage we cause on residential will be minimal, certainly less than the £150 excess. We have 2 commercial customers (jobs on hold now) who have large window panes of double glazed glass that cost around £3000 each to replace. I wouldn't be without that cover as both customers have had glass panels break - (thankfully when we weren't around.)

We did have a customer who had a bonsai collection of miniature trees outside along the wall of their conservatory. I specifically spoke to them saying we would clean carefully but couldn't be held responsible for an damage. They weren't there the next time we cleaned the house. 

As a sole trader our public liability insurance is around £210 a year for £2 million cover and the glass we are working on.

We have a £150 excess on every claim.

Any damage we cause on residential will be minimal, certainly less than the £150 excess. We have 2 commercial customers (jobs on hold now) who have large window panes of double glazed glass that cost around £3000 each to replace. I wouldn't be without that cover as both customers have had glass panels break - (thankfully when we weren't around.)

We did have a customer who had a bonsai collection of miniature trees outside along the wall of their conservatory. I specifically spoke to them saying we would clean carefully but couldn't be held responsible for an damage. They weren't there the next time we cleaned the house. 
That's what I'm saying insurance is cheap as chips, for the security of your business and yourself and for your clients. It well worth the money. 

Like the old saying "S**t happens" ?

Back