Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Talktalk

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well I skived off today just to see when open reach were going to do there bit at the local switch....Nothing has been done so far as I'm still connected using my virgin broadband. I'm assuming that when they switch it over the virgin router will then say "NO" :whistle:

Well I skived off today just to see when open reach were going to do there bit at the local switch....Nothing has been done so far as I'm still connected using my virgin broadband. I'm assuming that when they switch it over the virgin router will then say "NO" :whistle:
This is not the case because Virgin is the only supplier that has its own infrastructure other than BT there for BT connecting you would not affect Virgin. Virgin will only get cut off at the cut off date you agreed with them

Now I'm confused as the only phone line I have coming into the house is through a ntl (virgin) box on the wall :confused:

This is not the case because Virgin is the only supplier that has its own infrastructure other than BT there for BT connecting you would not affect Virgin. Virgin will only get cut off at the cut off date you agreed with them

Then I would say you either have another line ie bt or you did need engineer to your premises to connect one.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Doh!! well I found the old bt phone socket hidden in the hallway that I forgot I had. :confused:

Connected up the router to the phone socket then connected to the router via wireless on my pc. Just to confirm Talktalk broadband and phone is working fine so how easy was that./emoticons/smile.png

Also after doing a broadband speed check it's about 3 mb/s which is more than fast enough for my needs.

My virgin connection is still live until the 8th of August so at the mo I have two working phone lines with the same tel number plus a choice of two broadband connections too./emoticons/biggrin.png

My plan was I wanted it installed before the cut off date from virgin so I wasn't left without any broadband at all if there were any issues.

twice as much smurf ....if one dont work...you got a back up...great idea...

ahh good plan....when we had a power cut ...what the hell can you do without the internet...its like ...your cut off from life...and what have you missed....

Get yer life back maybe /emoticons/biggrin.png

ahh good plan....when we had a power cut ...what the hell can you do without the internet...its like ...your cut off from life...and what have you missed....

oh i remember those days ....things were so much more simple ...news came on paper....and you had to go shopping....and if you missed a programme on tv tough..the music was better the food better..and...god i sound like my father...../emoticons/biggrin.png

I had their 7mb one was ok a little slow when downloading things so decided I will go for their 38mb fibre optic it was £2 more a month great I thought!!! Big mistake it's really bad if using Netflix it's ok try doing more than one thing with it and it jams up and if the kids use their tablets (Samsung) forget it I can use the computer at all but if they use the iPad it's ok so between talk talk and Samsung I look at a blank screen /emoticons/sad.png

I have talktalk and it is forever dropping off and losing connection any time I complain the connection magically improves for about a month and then boom !!! Gone again .i am 1/2 mile from exchange and get 11mb (when it connects ) Internet is free with phone line so maybe can't complain :)

Had talk talk with free net with phone

Always had problems and they said what do you want us to do you're not paying for your internet so it don't matter

That was the start of the great talk talk war of 2010

Even had to fight to get them to cancel the whole subscription

Latest Posts

Back