Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tank filling slower than normal

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Its get even worse. The membranes were only around 90% efficient from new. So not only were the water costs high but so was resin costs. I believe that the membranes are better these days, but they didn't have to be as the Merlin only produced clean drinking water.
My membrane has been the same HF5 one for the last 3 years. I only ever got 93-95% from it at the start. I've realised recently that I simply had to adjust down from 55% waste and I'm pulling 96-97% now.

Any idea what the shelf life of a membrane is? If I order one ready will it still be good to use in say 6 months when the current one is spent?

My membrane has been the same HF5 one for the last 3 years. I only ever got 93-95% from it at the start. I've realised recently that I simply had to adjust down from 55% waste and I'm pulling 96-97% now.

Any idea what the shelf life of a membrane is? If I order one ready will it still be good to use in say 6 months when the current one is spent?
How long is the proverbial piece of string? I purchased components for my 4040 back in Sept 2012. Its still the original HF5 Axeon membrane and is still producing at 97% rejection rate at 50psi water pressure.

Our water is soft to medium hard. The kettle still firs up but not badly, so I don't believe we have a high calcium mineral content in our water. I haven't flushed the membrane for a good 2 months.

If the membrane begins to fail the tds of my pure will slowly increase. That would give me ample time to source a replacement.

How long is the proverbial piece of string? I purchased components for my 4040 back in Sept 2012. Its still the original HF5 Axeon membrane and is still producing at 97% rejection rate at 50psi water pressure.

Our water is soft to medium hard. The kettle still firs up but not badly, so I don't believe we have a high calcium mineral content in our water. I haven't flushed the membrane for a good 2 months.

If the membrane begins to fail the tds of my pure will slowly increase. That would give me ample time to source a replacement.
I know what you mean about the current one. What I mean is, if I buy a brand new one will it be safe stored on the shelf in the garage until it’s required. I want to have one on hand for when the time comes, especially with a move coming up next month. I don’t want to get one, go to change it in 12 months and find the replacement is no good as it’s been sat around too long.

I know what you mean about the current one. What I mean is, if I buy a brand new one will it be safe stored on the shelf in the garage until it’s required. I want to have one on hand for when the time comes, especially with a move coming up next month. I don’t want to get one, go to change it in 12 months and find the replacement is no good as it’s been sat around too long.
I think @doug atkinson would have a better idea of shelf life tbh. What I was getting at was that it's a consumable that gives you plenty of time to source a replacement when it does start to deteriorate. Although I've thought about buying a spare membrane in the past I've decided to replace it when the time comes.

I think @doug atkinson would have a better idea of shelf life tbh. What I was getting at was that it's a consumable that gives you plenty of time to source a replacement when it does start to deteriorate. Although I've thought about buying a spare membrane in the past I've decided to replace it when the time comes.
Yeah thats very true. I was only gonna get one because it's the end of the tax year, basically 20% off haha.

Back