Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

tank size for 2 operators

WCF

Help Support WCF:

View attachment 24243View attachment 24244

Here’s what I have mate. Outside the van I have two DI vessels that contain older resin. View them as ‘softening’ the water, plus it’s a good way of getting more out of spent resin. 

Inside the van I have a large DI vessel with fresh resin. This takes the water to zero. I fill the tank with it. I went the pre-tank route as we use a backpack for the backs & it’s easier to fill it up this way. 

When I’m at home the water will go through the external DI vessels before reaching the van and going through the large one. When I’m topping up at a customer it’s just the large one that does the job. 

Hope this helps! 
How bigs that bad boy ? Atm imjust using a 11L by the garden tap and have the same in the van plumbed in - reckon I should be using a larger one really like you have in the van for efficiency and and swap out the 11L van vessel for the larger one - out of interest what happens when your TDS starts rising ? Which do vessel do you replace first and what order ? 

How bigs that bad boy ? Atm imjust using a 11L by the garden tap and have the same in the van plumbed in - reckon I should be using a larger one really like you have in the van for efficiency and and swap out the 11L van vessel for the larger one - out of interest what happens when your TDS starts rising ? Which do vessel do you replace first and what order ? 
25L, takes a entire bag! Daqua recommended I upgrade to it when I was discussing my new system. Said it would save me having to change it so often, which he was right about! 

When it starts to rise I put fresh resin in the big one then what I take out of that goes into the smaller ones. That’s the plan, anyway. I’ve yet to do it as I had half a bag left over so just filled them smaller ones with that last time. 

The smaller vessels, since they are pre and are just filled with either spare or spent resin, I don’t really pay attention to the order they are in. The only one I care about is the big one. At the moment the smaller vessels are taking my water from 70ish to 6, and then the larger vessel is taking it to 0. 

25L, takes a entire bag! Daqua recommended I upgrade to it when I was discussing my new system. Said it would save me having to change it so often, which he was right about! 

When it starts to rise I put fresh resin in the big one then what I take out of that goes into the smaller ones. That’s the plan, anyway. I’ve yet to do it as I had half a bag left over so just filled them smaller ones with that last time. 

The smaller vessels, since they are pre and are just filled with either spare or spent resin, I don’t really pay attention to the order they are in. The only one I care about is the big one. At the moment the smaller vessels are taking my water from 70ish to 6, and then the larger vessel is taking it to 0. 
Nice my TDS is about 70 aswell - I’ll get on that thanks for the recommendation 

How do you not get an RO and fill a 1000l cage tank which will take your tds down to 2 like mine?

How do you not get an RO and fill a 1000l cage tank which will take your tds down to 2 like mine?
Please see my previous comment about moving house ?

I’m actually in the process of investing installing a RO on my tank, but with a bypass that will allow me to quick fill when needed with just using the DI (like at a customers).

That being said, I’m waiting till I move. At the moment I get 70 out my tap. But I have customers that get 25 out the tap, along with insane pressure (500l in about 30 minutes of pressure). If I end up in area like that then no need for RO! ?

Cornwall 
Ahh fair enough. Was gonna offer for you to come see & give you a hand, but it’s a tad far ?

Please see my previous comment about moving house ?

I’m actually in the process of investing installing a RO on my tank, but with a bypass that will allow me to quick fill when needed with just using the DI (like at a customers).

That being said, I’m waiting till I move. At the moment I get 70 out my tap. But I have customers that get 25 out the tap, along with insane pressure (500l in about 30 minutes of pressure). If I end up in area like that then no need for RO! ?

Ahh fair enough. Was gonna offer for you to come see & give you a hand, but it’s a tad far ?
Aye Scots lad was saying he gets 37 up at East Kilbride but not sure what the pressure is like.

A E Mackintosh cleaning on you tube has a streamline and a Vw transporter, have a look at him, see what size tank he has. Might give a bit of insight. 

If your payload is 1100kg then the only choice is a 650l tank...and even then you ll be right on the limit I bet first thing in the morning with all your other gear and an employee.....

Personally I'd want a 850l for 2 people working and a bigger payload van...its a pain having to fill up halfway through the day...

I work on my own and regularly drain my 500L tank just working 5 or 6 hours a day but virtually everything I clean is wfp for speed and efficiency these days....

Thansk All!

Curently use 400 a day. 5 - 6 hrs days.

I'm between 850 grippa delivery tank and 700 ionic with rodi. Biggest problem is lead-time; no one can help before June... 

Grippa system fitted. With full tank the rear seats lower than front, is that what you all get with bigger vans? It was similar in my caddy but not as much noticable I think. I asked Grippa to position the tank to allow both front and rear to have same amount of load weight. That how they sold it to me; low weight tank design and perfect weight distibution. To be fair drives great, no issues here, feels better than caddy with 400 litres.

Would you advise to move the tank a bit forward, or work on van's suspension? Thinking to stiffen rear and lower front.

186193426_465396374764914_6636114214287723076_n.jpg

187028281_136153165219677_3598353855029845049_n.jpg

Grippa system fitted. With full tank the rear seats lower than front, is that what you all get with bigger vans? It was similar in my caddy but not as much noticable I think. I asked Grippa to position the tank to allow both front and rear to have same amount of load weight. That how they sold it to me; low weight tank design and perfect weight distibution. To be fair drives great, no issues here, feels better than caddy with 400 litres.

Would you advise to move the tank a bit forward, or work on van's suspension? Thinking to stiffen rear and lower front.

View attachment 24651

View attachment 24652
My advice is for you to take the van fully loaded with water, all your equipment, full tank of fuel and both operators to the weigh bridge. They need to check front and rear axles as well as payload.

That tank is sitting further back from the front axle than some other vans, so what works for you may not work for someone else with a different van.

Thanks Spruce. Can not find any arround here. What companies used them?

Drives great. It's just soft at the back, it was already that low with half a tank, 400 litres so its not over weight limit yet, just too soft. Changing rear to heavy duty springs first and will see how it works.

Thanks Spruce. Can not find any arround here. What companies used them?

Drives great. It's just soft at the back, it was already that low with half a tank, 400 litres so its not over weight limit yet, just too soft. Changing rear to heavy duty springs first and will see how it works.
Most scrap metal merchants have weigh bridges, some councils, just have a google for weigh bridges. Double check the weight front and rear before paying out for springs. You want to check you are not overloading an axle as that can effect braking performance and not in a good way!!

What have you gone for, Is it a T32? With an 850? 

I have a t32 with a 650l against the bulkhead, you’d never know it was there full or empty.
I was reading about getting rear springs from an RAC van as they’re uprated for carrying and towing with the dolly in the back. 

Most scrap metal merchants have weigh bridges, some councils, just have a google for weigh bridges. Double check the weight front and rear before paying out for springs. You want to check you are not overloading an axle as that can effect braking performance and not in a good way!!
Yeah, and sand pits and quarries.

Salt storage depots also have weigh bridges.

That's a good question @High-tower. I thought he was going for an 850 litre tank hence the comment to get the van weighed.

It doesn't matter if you fit heavy duty springs @moto. It won't make any difference to the van's payload figures as they will remain the same. It might help handling but won't improve braking. HD springs will help with ride levels so might help to stop police thinking the van is overloaded or finding an excuse to pull you over.

I think these days police tend to pick on old beat up Transits rather than a vehicle that is clean and looked after.

I think these days police tend to pick on old beat up Transits rather than a vehicle that is clean and looked after.
Yeah, I'd hope that they're glad to see hard working local tradesmen going about their own business "In an orderly fashion", so to speak.  When they have so much other s..t to deal with: knives, drugs, vandalism etc.

What have you gone for, Is it a T32? With an 850? 

I have a t32 with a 650l against the bulkhead, you’d never know it was there full or empty.
I was reading about getting rear springs from an RAC van as they’re uprated for carrying and towing with the dolly in the back. 
Couldn't find any t32, all sold till next year and got t30. Getting www.bmvs.co.uk to sort suspension for me. Drives great with full 850. I was plesantly suprised. Well buffled tank, I had more movement with small tank in my Caddy. I will never fill fully anyway, just this time to test it. Need to sort suspension too look Ok when drving to the first job. Usully have whole roads of work so next journey will be less weight.

Back