Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tax code?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Hi all,
just got my tax code notice in the post, says its 1257L. I googled it and online it says us self employed dont have a code, just a UTR number, which I have. This hmrc statement doesnt mention my utr number, just the tax code. Do you mostly all get this, without mention of utr etc? I cant remember, my brain can be like a sieve.

Hi all,
just got my tax code notice in the post, says its 1257L. I googled it and online it says us self employed dont have a code, just a UTR number, which I have. This hmrc statement doesnt mention my utr number, just the tax code. Do you mostly all get this, without mention of utr etc? I cant remember, my brain can be like a sieve.
If a self employed sole trader you are taxed through your income and don't have a tax code. Just UTR

You still have a tax code but it’s only used to tell you your threshold
1257l basically means you can earn £12570 before tax on your annual return

Thats what I thought, just couldn't remember getting the tax code down in the post these past few self employed years. It is a bit confusing as the way its worded etc is just as though you are a paye worker for some company rather than a self employed.

Id quoted dave but it doesnt seem to show that.
Hit the reply button and it will quote the reply, if you hit the quote button you have the option to multiple quote different people or just the one there is a pop up in the reply box after you've pressed the quote button

Back