Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Tall Bay Windows On 1St Floor

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jez86

These are my least favourite windows to do and normally don't bother with the hassle of moving the ladders so much as you can't reach the top of the window with the ladder on the sill. ... But I got a call today of the son of a lady's I already do, I didn't turn it down because I know it's gonna be a good price as hers is £14 for a dorma bungalow and the house I'm doing tomorrow is a large detached. How does everyone else do these windows?? I've seen window cleaners rest the ladder on the frame half way up but I'm not keen... Anyone else have any ideas?

Any pics? You are talking about a frame with glass above and below, yeah? When ever I've had something like this, I've set the ladder at a more vertical angle so you're not putting as much force/pressure on the frame. I tend to lean back when at the top of the ladder to take the weight off the frame a bit more.

I would not recommend this btw.

These are my least favourite windows to do and normally don't bother with the hassle of moving the ladders so much as you can't reach the top of the window with the ladder on the sill. ... But I got a call today of the son of a lady's I already do, I didn't turn it down because I know it's gonna be a good price as hers is £14 for a dorma bungalow and the house I'm doing tomorrow is a large detached. How does everyone else do these windows?? I've seen window cleaners rest the ladder on the frame half way up but I'm not keen... Anyone else have any ideas?
i know a cleaner who uses an extension pole to reach the top! or you could just use a pole from the ground!

I bought myself a 2ft extension pole the other day, for exactly this purpose.

I was abit annoyed with myself actually and I was going to mention this in the canvassing section. I had picked up a new customer and priced the house up at £7. The bottom windows have those small windows above the normal panes and it wasn't until I started the job, that I realised I couldn't reach them...even though I'm 6'2. So I had to go round with my ladder and wish I'd added a quid on because of this.

So, remember when you price up....ask yourself, can I reach all the bottom windows /emoticons/wink.png

Mart.

Won't your ladders reach the top of the frame?

Thanks for the advice /emoticons/smile.png got there this morning and they weren't as tall as I though so I could just about reach lol /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back