Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

That old blue protection tape on upvc window frames

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diamond geezer

Again today,"could you get that blue tape of the window frame"This was over large f/door porch,my 3.5 ladder wasnt big enough so "sorry love cant reach it.""but i must tell you if its been there for ages"which it has "i cant get it off it cements itself to the upvc and only comes of in little bits ,icould be there all day and still not get it all off,ive come across this often and asked other windys advice but to no avail."However as iam typing this ive just rememberd bronze or finest wire wool (cheaper) maybe i should give that a go,what do you guys think?,or a magic gel wouldbe nice,any advice?

ive had more thoughts over night! i think the tape is on white metal anodised frames,in particular so probably cant use wire wool there. ithink its on upvc as well though.
i asked if this was a previously talked about topic,on the forum,only once though should i have delved deeper has this been discused previously?my research did come back as no previous content available Thanks

I had the same experience a number of years ago, a huge bungalow, new build but had not taken off the tape after being on for months. I had to use a Stanley window scraper, positioned at an angle that stopped it digging into the plastic took a full day and they were £170 lighter for an avoidable mistake.

I had the same experience a number of years ago, a huge bungalow, new build but had not taken off the tape after being on for months. I had to use a Stanley window scraper, positioned at an angle that stopped it digging into the plastic took a full day and they were £170 lighter for an avoidable mistake.
You was lucky enough to get it of,for me it comes off in tiny tiny pieces and my unger 3"bade would just keep diggin in,was your scraper the cheap plastic one or the expensive substantial long handled one? thanks

You was lucky enough to get it of,for me it comes off in tiny tiny pieces and my unger 3"bade would just keep diggin in,was your scraper the cheap plastic one or the expensive substantial long handled one? thanks
It was just the small cheap ones, like I said you had to get the angle right but I got a good shot at it and it did come off in little bits because it had all split into tiny strips. The customer accepted that there was a possibility of some damage but it had to come off.

Latest Posts

Back